The New Raith Rovers Thread

I suppose you could argue Smith was the width of the post away from winning the league, and had the best ever points tally for a runner-up in this league.

Maybe he could take us up and we could let him go at the end of his contract? Without another full-time team in the league, maybe we don’t need wholesale change.

Absolutely clutching at straws here. Can only hope we start well, otherwise things are going to get poisonous very, very quickly.

We could have Willy Wonka in charge and still beat East Fife though.

This much is true, but it really is incredible watching a club make hilarious mistake after mistake within such a short space of time.

I don't agree with it but he needs to bring in a team that suits the way he wants to play. The league title is the aim and I'll not complain if we don't play pretty to win it however I couldn't tolerate another year of aimless punts to Buchanan. In fact, I don't think I can tolerate another year of Buchanan at all.

2 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

This much is true, but it really is incredible watching a club make hilarious mistake after mistake within such a short space of time.

If I was an opposition fan I’d be pishing myself laughing too, but hang on as inept and feckless as we undoubtedly are we still took maximum points of the mighty Mentil Milan, so perhaps you aren’t best placed to crow.

I think there’s a few overreactions here to be frank, as Paco said this side earned the highest points tally to not win this league. McGlynn took us up with less points, as did Calderon.

The fact of the matter is there were two full time teams this season and one of us was always going to win it, next season it’s only us that will remain full time and we finished streets ahead of the part time teams. Sacking Barry would clearly cost us, perhaps money we can’t afford and there’s no guarantee whoever comes in isn’t going to be a disaster, it’s a case of better the devil you know here. If we can replace some of the shite in this squad with some semi-competent players we’ll be absolutely fine. Part time football and a new manager could see a repeat of the Dalziel season down here.

Pretty much Barry & FT football > ??? & PT football

Not giving my age away but I've had a season non stop since 1963 

There is nothing absolutely nothing happening now that's new

You either support Raith or do not 

I understand the frustration but that's what goes with this territory 

Stick with it better days are coming

At least my grandad told me that and he never lived to see the league cup win or the fish and chip cup victory

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

I think there’s a few overreactions here to be frank, as Paco said this side earned the highest points tally to not win this league. McGlynn took us up with less points, as did Calderon.

The fact of the matter is there were two full time teams this season and one of us was always going to win it, next season it’s only us that will remain full time and we finished streets ahead of the part time teams. Sacking Barry would clearly cost us, perhaps money we can’t afford and there’s no guarantee whoever comes in isn’t going to be a disaster, it’s a case of better the devil you know here. If we can replace some of the shite in this squad with some semi-competent players we’ll be absolutely fine. Part time football and a new manager could see a repeat of the Dalziel season down here.

Pretty much Barry & FT football > ??? & PT football

This.

Now can everyone  buy some season tickets so we can sign big boys to punt it to.

Bring in two prolific goalscorers and not get anywhere near the best out of them. 

No plan B and like for like subs

Gaining 48 out of 54 points at home and still not winning the league. 

Poor away form. 

Mental fragility in big games and away games. 

All failures associated with our management and yet we're keeping him? Piss off. 

Edited by Michael W

This is what happens when you have a board made up of folk who've never had to make any real business decisions in their life. They make not just the worst but completely horrific decisions that kill a business.

We had 1200 season tickets last season and I'll be utterly amazed if we get anywhere near that now. I'll certainly not be renewing mine and neither will the folk I sit with.

Spineless, gutless, clueless. Another example of "you fans just sit down, pay your money, keep us in jobs and do what you're told"

Is keeping Smith at staying FT really that bad?

You’ll be the only FT team in the league which is a big advantage. You were one of two FT teams last season but finished well ahead of the other 8 teams.

If Smith stays and you go PT then it’ll be a worry but at the moment I’d say you’re still favourites for next season.

It's been an absolute chore to watch smiths brand of football this season. Even if he wins us the league next season it will be brutal to watch. He may have had a good home record but it isn't that hard to change it up from time to time away from home to try and win games. He's an awful manager and if this isn't his last season as a ft manager I would be very surprised. I'm very dissapointed in the board keeping him on!

2 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

Is keeping Smith at staying FT really that bad?

You’ll be the only FT team in the league which is a big advantage. You were one of two FT teams last season but finished well ahead of the other 8 teams.

If Smith stays and you go PT then it’ll be a worry but at the moment I’d say you’re still favourites for next season.

I hear you but by the end of the season (long before that with some) most teams had Smith and his Rovers set up well sussed. 

I wont mention your lot but pt teams like Arbroath and Alloa had the better of us in the 2nd half of the season and Mr Smith simply hadn’t a clue how to get the better of them.

There in lays the worry amongst us.

This is what happens when you have a board made up of folk who've never had to make any real business decisions in their life. They make not just the worst but completely horrific decisions that kill a business.

We had 1200 season tickets last season and I'll be utterly amazed if we get anywhere near that now. I'll certainly not be renewing mine and neither will the folk I sit with.

Spineless, gutless, clueless. Another example of "you fans just sit down, pay your money, keep us in jobs and do what you're told"

So would forking out to sack Barry, then spending more on a new manager and having even less to spend on players would be better then?