The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

So would forking out to sack Barry, then spending more on a new manager and having even less to spend on players would be better then?

Sacking Smith would at worst cost a player and a half in wage terms. Two at a push.  

With that in mind, I'd happily can him and not give Buchanan a new contract. 

Edited by Michael W

Not entirely happy with the decision, and don’t have a clue who Bill Clarke is, however on the positive side perhaps we can dispense with some of the jokers who have had a wage in the last 2 seasons.

Big Physical midfielder, keeper who can actually deal with a back pass and a left back please.

*sigh* I can’t even be fucked writing a new response. I’ll just cut and paste from Fantalk.

I have been buying a season ticket every season since Grant Murray got the job. I wanted to help the club out but I have lost that feeling. I think i’m probably going back to paying at the gate.

I like the cup games and taking them off the season ticket makes buying a season ticket less appealing. However, that’s a minor thing. I am just sick of the Rovers. The last two years have scunnered me. After the McKinnon season it’s been all downhill.

Since the Reclaim The Rovers thing we’ve had a token fan on the Board but that’s all it seems to be, a token gesture. If the club want me to stick my hand in my pocket and support it, then they’ll have to try and convince me it’s my club and actually make me want to attend rather than feel duty bound. Basically any goodwill I had for the club since Reclaim the Rovers has been booted out of over the last two seasons.

In short, f**k this.

Maybe the club could introduce half season tickets for the start of the season? £100 for the games until January or something. 

What about a BST ticket? For only home games before and after our tradition mid-season collapse.

Just now, Diamond Oracle said:

How many of the current Raith squad are signed up for next season?

Mercifully, I think only two (Vaughan and McKay). 

The fun now begins whereby Smith, emboldened by an undeserved reprieve, decides who to keep. Graeme Smith no doubt amongst them. 

So would forking out to sack Barry, then spending more on a new manager and having even less to spend on players would be better then?

Yes. The club is going to lose thousands by not sacking him. We also have a board with absolutely zero commercial sense with our "commercial" director only there cause he won some money on the lottery. I spoke to a guy who handles digital marketing on a large commercial scale at the weekend and his exact words were "the club wouldn't know a digital marketing strategy if it slapped them on the face".

Sack Smith, get folk on the board who (a) are fans, and (b) have/dp run and know how to build a business up, and © don't just want a place on the board for show. It's really not rocket science yet the club continue to make horrific decisions that are impacting the club and making it worse every year. We are a complete and utter basket case.

Smith might will get us promoted next season given the we will be the only full time side but that is in no way guaranteed given that didn't exactly put the part time sides away easily this season and were well and truly battered by Alloa over two legs. As others have said the football this season has been awful to watch and even if we are leading the table its got to be enjoyable and Smith will never ever bring that.

Just now, Enigma said:

Wonder how many of these “supporters” saying they won’t buy a season ticket will be there front and centre on the 4th August anyway.

Probably me.  When I say I'm not buying a season ticket I still intend to pay at the gate.  I just intend to keep the flexibility of not seeing £30 quid vanish from my account every month if the football is keech, or stump up the guts of £300 cash without knowing what I'm buying into.

12 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Wonder how many of these “supporters” saying they won’t buy a season ticket will be there front and centre on the 4th August anyway.

The last time I checked you don’t need a season ticket to be a supporter so no need for the “”

Edited by roverthemoon

3 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Will the same people still be moaning at our lack of transfer activity in the summer after only selling 400 season tickets? 

A salient point that we can only hope the board took into consideration when retaining Smith.

Edited by renton

Add me to the list of those who won't renew my season ticket on the back of that decision today. I might well end up attending every home game regardless but there's no danger I'm helping the club out over the summer if this is the direction the board are taking the club. I would've taken part time and no Smith over this option every day of the week.

I take the points made that we may well win the league anyway and that Smith can further put his own stamp on the side but you can guarantee that the football will be brutal regardless and I have absolutely no faith in Smith making the necessary changes to freshen up the side.

I'm absolutely seething at this.

50 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Three of the worst?

Gary Locke, I’ll give you.

Barry Smith, fair enough.

Hope you don’t mean John Hughes as the third? :lol:

Yes. Ask Kevin Cuthbert what he thinks of him. 

hehe.gif

1 minute ago, renton said:

A salient point that we can only hope the board took into consideration when retaining Smith.

Goes back to my point the other day about risking a shit atmosphere around the club by keeping Smith. We now have it. If Smith re-signs the same duds again and they start slowly next season then expect the crowd to turn against Smith instantly. It’s a huge risk