The New Raith Rovers Thread

Does that go with your shellsuit?

Hey, I was wondering where the fucknugget was, how you doing Frankieboy? Is that the libraries open aye???

33 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Capital City Press. 

They're really good for localised football news. Hearts and Hibs are naturally their biggies, but they are very reliable for Raith news and other teams in the vicinity. 

I'll wait until Varna Rover has confirmed before I believe it.

But the Trust has even more members than the 200 club and there were 1000 season ticket holders all had a vote as did Jim McMillan and supporters club members.
I'm a 200, Trust and season ticket holder too. To whom should I have pledged my allegence according to that logic?

You're frothing at the mouth again. You can vote for whoever you like as can everyone else who's eligible to vote.

My point is that if you're a 'well kent face' around the club with fans then your obviously going to get extra votes due to your popularity rather than your campaign. I'm not saying that everyone voted that way and I certainly didn't vote that way. I felt Bill Gilby on paper was a stronger candidate due to his experiences and his manor.

There's very little that needs changed and the fact that we've got a fans rep on the board is great. In 2 years time I hope there's even more candidates pledging for the position due to Andy's success. I hope that the next batch of candidates don't feel that they've got to be someone who runs a supporters club or who's well known in a supporters group. We don't know who's sitting in the stands who could be a perfect candidate but feels they wouldn't have the support from fans who's minds are already made up because the know and like one of the candidates.

2 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

You're frothing at the mouth again. You can vote for whoever you like as can everyone else who's eligible to vote.

My point is that if you're a 'well kent face' around the club with fans then your obviously going to get extra votes due to your popularity rather than your campaign. I'm not saying that everyone voted that way and I certainly didn't vote that way. I felt Bill Gilby on paper was a stronger candidate due to his experiences and his manor.

There's very little that needs changed and the fact that we've got a fans rep on the board is great. In 2 years time I hope there's even more candidates pledging for the position due to Andy's success. I hope that the next batch of candidates don't feel that they've got to be someone who runs a supporters club or who's well known in a supporters group. We don't know who's sitting in the stands who could be a perfect candidate but feels they wouldn't have the support from fans who's minds are already made up because the know and like one of the candidates.

I understand that the tenure is to be extended to 3 years.

1 minute ago, Alyn Stevenson said:

Thomson isn’t getting the best of reviews from Falkirk fans over on their thread, hopefully he can do a job for us. 2 year deal as well.

Falkirk fan in my office tells me he's a good shot stopper, just not the best at taking crosses.

lets face it - we're in League 1, and scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to wages - we were hardly going to sign Gigi Buffon!

You know there were 4 candidates right, 2 of whom were independent of any groups or clubs?

Falkirk fan in my office tells me he's a good shot stopper, just not the best at taking crosses.

lets face it - we're in League 1, and scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to wages - we were hardly going to sign Gigi Buffon!

Yeah that seems to be the general consensus from their form.

Fingers crossed he’s good enough to help get us out of this division.

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Where did you hear that?

That would be a honky tonk signing.

Don't panic, Osei had tweeted something about Dumbarton but it was with regards to C Barr signing.