The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, invocr said:

May be a good signing but it's going to be quite underwhelming given he's been talked about for weeks. I've just checked Twitter and he only follows three football clubs: East Fife, Celtic, and us. It must be a cert.

Yeah,  solid league 1 signing, will give our attack a dimension that it struggled with all last year. Still very much a signing in the mold of:

Image result for futurama neutral meme

Just now, Ding Dang Doo said:

Underwhelming to say the least and confirms our "style" of hoofball this year is going to horrible to watch.

In fairness a major issue with us last year was a complete inability to smash the door down when we needed to.  You just do need some height and strength up top in this league, regardless of style. 

Not really sure what to think - did a decent turn for East Fife and more suited to Smith's style, but if you mentioned him alongside Spence I'd have probably picked Spence.  

CCP* have said there is more to come today as well. 

*Reliable news source with no known Black Sea connections. 

Edited by Michael W

Pedant Alert: it was Gary Naysmith that signed him for us not Agent Smith!!!
In fairness a major issue with us last year was a complete inability to smash the door down when we needed to.  You just do need some height and strength up top in this league, regardless of style. 

Chris is strong certainly but he isn't tall so you're still short on any height upfront!!!
You've signed a good player who works hard, but I'm still not sure why you've signed him, I think you'll find him to be exactly the same type of player as Buchanan, in style and skill level, your twin strike force upfront is going to be exactly that -twins!!!
Oh and obviously I hope he stinks up the place with shite performance after shite performance!!!
IMG_3624.jpg

Duggan, Vaughan Buchanan. Sounds good on paper but so did Vaughan, Spence and Buchanan last season. Just have to see how it pans out. Have no recollection of Duggan when we played East Fife, probably because they are a jobbies team but hopefully he does the biz for us.

3 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Pedant Alert: it was Gary Naysmith that signed him for us not Agent Smith!!!

Chris is strong certainly but he isn't tall so you're still short on any height upfront!!!
You've signed a good player who works hard, but I'm still not sure why you've signed him, I think you'll find him to be exactly the same type of player as Buchanan, in style and skill level, your twin strike force upfront is going to be exactly that -twins!!!
Oh and obviously I hope he stinks up the place with shite performance after shite performance!!!
IMG_3624.jpg

He's 6ft 1" according to wiki, that makes him a fucking giant in comparison to our current forwards.

He's 6ft 1" according to wiki, that makes him a fucking giant in comparison to our current forwards.

Is he f**k!!![emoji1]

IMG_3625.thumb.jpg.61a98419a6346fcda6ac6a5be57ba988.jpg

14 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Not really sure what to think - did a decent turn for East Fife and more suited to Smith's style, but if you mentioned him alongside Spence I'd have probably picked Spence.  

CCP* have said there is more to come today as well. 

*Reliable news source with no known Black Sea connections. 

CCP?

2 hours ago, Scottydog said:

"I only ask he reaches out to all Rovers supporters, which I don't think any of the recent directors have done  at all. "

Sorry I should have put that end bit in bold to make it clearer, I don't think ANY of the reps have communicated nearly enough with the fans.

Hopefully Andy Mill will be different.

He was the only candidate that gave a cursory mention to fans in the main stand

We dont all sit in  the south stand

Can any one on here tell me what difference the last supporter rep made

1 minute ago, Youngmcnaughtleigh said:

He was the only candidate that gave a cursory mention to fans in the main stand

We dont all sit in  the south stand

Can any one on here tell me what difference the last supporter rep made

About the same as the next one will make: Hee Haw.

6 minutes ago, renton said:

CCP?

Capital City Press. 

They're really good for localised football news. Hearts and Hibs are naturally their biggies, but they are very reliable for Raith news and other teams in the vicinity. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

Capital City Press. 

They're really good for localised football news. Hearts and Hibs are naturally their biggies, but they are very reliable for Raith news and other teams in the vicinity. 

Got to assume it'll be Thomson the goalie, just so we can have a totally unsurprising day:lol:

I personally would have preferred Bill Gilby. I don't know him and I only know Andy Mill as the guy from the 200 Club.

From what it seems Andy is a loyal servant to the club and has obviously got the clubs interests at heart. I don't see him as a guy that is wanting to do this for any kind of status. I just felt Bill had a bit more conviction about him and with his previous business experience, had a lot more knowledge about working within the board room dynamic.

I hope Andy surprises me. I think it's almost impossible for a fans rep on the BoD to make a huge difference with how the club is run but what I do hope is that he is visible to all fans and gives us more of a voice than we've had before.

I'd also say that although this is the only really fair way of selecting and voting for candidates, I see a huge flaw as any candidate from a supporters group the size of the 200 Club has a huge advantage with members voting for the guy the know and like. It comes down to how the candidates canvas themselves at the end of the day but when you have the backing and support of a large group, it's a lot easier. Without being too disrespectful to Andy, I think that showed in the final vote count.

What other forwards did you lot release other than Spence???

I've a feeling one of them will be winging their way to us in a souped-up car of meh, as a replacement!!!

2 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

What other forwards did you lot release other than Spence???

I've a feeling one of them will be winging their way to us in a souped-up car of meh, as a replacement!!!

Johnny Court & Willis Furtado