The New Raith Rovers Thread

43 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Hopefully settles down a few of the worriers from yesterday that we would be going with the same defence/keeper.

15 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Mcglynn looking for a right back, a winger and 2 strikers.

Mcglynn IN! 

No centre back? I would like to change my previous stance and join the worriers. I assume we just aren’t signing a centre back until we move Mendy on. That’s all it is, right?

...right?

Edited by R.R.FC

There is no room for another CB tbh. Ignoring ability entirely, McGlynn has his two favoured starters and also two back ups. 

We may bring someone in as the season goes on, as we usually do. No doubt when the standard injury crisis materialises. 

Hopefully we can work on an exit route for Mendy to allow us to bring another centre back in as working from a pool of Davo,  Bene, McKay and Mendy doesn't fill me with confidence. MacDonald will certainly be kept on his toes anyway. 

55 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Cracking goalkeeper. Solid signing for Raith. Would have loved him back at Palmerston.

He's a crackin shot stopper, but....

Turns into a vampire for crosses and doesn't command his box very well causing confusion with his defence.

6 minutes ago, michaeljohnstone said:

Anton Dowds and Louis Longridge strikers?

Think Dowds is away to Falkirk it seems. 

Louis isn't really a striker, at best he's a number 10 maybe? Suppose he could be the winger McGlyn alludes too. 

Who knows, Mendy might prove himself after a full Pre-season. Not holding my breath though. Would rather have Anderson back and fit

Hopefully we can work on an exit route for Mendy to allow us to bring another centre back in as working from a pool of Davo,  Bene, McKay and Mendy doesn't fill me with confidence. MacDonald will certainly be kept on his toes anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Longridge isn't a striker. 

As for Dowds... Six goals for East Fife last season isn't exactly something I'd be getting excited about. 

Dowds is better as a Second Striker, linking middle and the front...but not exactly a priority for us anyway with a solid middle...and off to Falkirk.

2 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Who knows, Mendy might prove himself after a full Pre-season. Not holding my breath though. Would rather have Anderson back and fit

Absolutely agree, JMcG has  plan. Also noting that McKay has played RB before, less than ideal, but...

You want to shiver a bit.....   McKay/Mendy/Davo/Bene/KMac across the back...

27 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

He's a crackin shot stopper, but....

Turns into a vampire for crosses and doesn't command his box very well causing confusion with his defence.

Lovely, sounds like a Retirement Home version of Munro...

Absolutely agree, JMcG has  plan. Also noting that McKay has played RB before, less than ideal, but...
You want to shiver a bit.....   McKay/Mendy/Davo/Bene/KMac across the back...
Anderson is away to Forfar so it won't be him but someone in that mould would be what I'd be looking for. A decent sweeper that can control the match. We lacked tbat last season until he came in.