The New Raith Rovers Thread

I genuinely don’t think McGlynn would go anywhere, even given the chance.

He’s had a go at managing his boyhood team and it didn’t work out.
He’s had another go at managing in the premier and it didn’t work out.

When he came back he said Raith was the only gig that would tempt him back to management.

Sometimes people and clubs are just perfect fits for each other and McGlynn and the Rovers are exactly that.

I could be wildly wrong of course but another team coming and pinching McGlynn is not something I worry about at all, I think we’ll have him for as long as the partnership is successful.

I totally agree but I’m sure I read something recently that he still wants to manage at the highest level he can. Whilst we all hope its with us, you only have to look what he’s done with the club in a small space of time to think it’ll interest other owners. McGlynn would have been a perfect fit for the likes of Aberdeen.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Note that I said “reluctantly agree that getting promoted this season would be “too early”, but should still be gleefully chased and accepted.

I didn't have your post in mind, I was just getting my tuppence worth in.

Pleased with that.  Very worst case for us is 3rd place and home advantage in the quarter final.  

Good chance for 2nd, let's see how the weekend goes.  Still don't fancy needing a win vs Hearts.

Without wanting to go all European Super League, we're now guaranteed a minimum prize pot of £480 000 for finishing 3rd.

That must be at least £200k more than any budgeted expectation. 

I'm all for spending it on a £4k pw contract extension for Regan Hendry. 

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Without wanting to go all European Super League, we're now guaranteed a minimum prize pot of £480 000 for finishing 3rd.

That must be at least £200k more than any budgeted expectation. 

I'm all for spending it on a £4k pw contract extension for Regan Hendry. 

Compared to how much for winning league 1? £70k odd?