The New Raith Rovers Thread

17 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Fans being encouraged to bring their own snacks tonight as pie stalls remains closed. Plastic bottles will be permitted but not rigid plastic. Will be fun and games watching stewards try and differentiate between the two.

This means you bin the cardboard box and just take the bag of wine.

Looked a bit more at the Cowdenbeath team…looks like Bobby Barr and Liam Buchanan to impart some wisdom to Coulson and Mahady. With Bollan, Easton and McGurn all on the staff, feels likes the training time at Cowdenbeath certainly will mesh well with the time at Stark’s.

The last question, I assume, is will Arnott go out on loan too? He seems the most precocious of the lot, so that’ll have to depend on our signings. I assume the loans are until Jan with a plan to extend them if our own loans don’t get pulled back (Poplatnik allows Mahady to be loaned, etc) and they are getting playing time.

Edit: Wonder if Bow might not be considered for a loan to Cowdenbeath too. He won’t start before Gill, but would get practice with McGurn there and likely more action in practice.

Edited by TxRover

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Looked a bit more at the Cowdenbeath team…looks like Bobby Barr and Liam Buchanan to impart some wisdom to Coulson and Mahady. With Bollan, Easton and McGurn all on the staff, feels likes the training time at Cowdenbeath certainly will mesh well with the time at Stark’s.

The last question, I assume, is will Arnott go out on loan too? He seems the most precocious of the lot, so that’ll have to depend on our signings. I assume the loans are until Jan with a plan to extend them if our own loans don’t get pulled back (Poplatnik allows Mahady to be loaned, etc) and they are getting playing time.

Even if we do bring another centre mid in, it might be wise to keep Arnott around until Matthews is back fit.

4 minutes ago, renton said:

Even if we do bring another centre mid in, it might be wise to keep Arnott around until Matthews is back fit.

Yea, I suspect Coulson was shipped because he’s more a LW than a true mid. Arnott, who has shown well in play, is certainly here until one or two mids get signed, and almost certainly until the second if Matthews issue isn’t identified and resolved quickly.

The Bow thought I added is a little more iffy, as having a third keeper is pretty smart with our history…but looking at the Cowden staff, the thought occurred.

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

The Bow thought I added is a little more iffy, as having a third keeper is pretty smart with our history…but looking at the Cowden staff, the thought occurred.

So long as we can recall Bow with impunity then a loan move for him would be a good one.

Edited by Enigma

Sorry aye I saw that, I just meant with the boy tweeting it.  Take it it's just #banter from Matthews?

Yeah that’s Ross Matthews for you. When Rovers won promotion from League One( rightfully, may I add), he decided to tweet this photo IMG_1626453651.618430.jpg

As you can expect, it didn’t go down too well in Grangemouth 🤣

34 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Yeah that’s Ross Matthews for you. When Rovers won promotion from League One( rightfully, may I add), he decided to tweet this photo IMG_1626453651.618430.jpg

As you can expect, it didn’t go down too well in Grangemouth 🤣

My word.

6 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Was Jack Ross ever the victim of a two-footer from Davo? The Hibs line-up is stronger than the one they put out to play Arsenal. This could be an absolute scudding... 

Is our lineup anywhere?

7 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Was Jack Ross ever the victim of a two-footer from Davo? The Hibs line-up is stronger than the one they put out to play Arsenal. This could be an absolute scudding... 

I read or heard somewhere that they were planning on bringing a close to full strength side, which was part of the reason they were chosen. 

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

I read or heard somewhere that they were planning on bringing a close to full strength side, which was part of the reason they were chosen. 

It certainly makes sense for them, with their European games coming up, but I feel like Davo's going to get the obligatory last minute penalty only for Matt Macey to beat it away and get a yellow for giving him the big Up Ye. 

8 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

IMG_20210716_183119.jpg.b01c8066206b1491e8f541f5912b24bf.jpg

Two number 5s listed. What a shambles... 

No Keatings is a bit of a concern ahead of the Livi game, where we won't have Poplatnik. Hopefully just a minor thing keeping him out tonight. 

Might sign someone before then?

Well, worth the tenner for the two trialists.