The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We tried to get him before, when he signed for Dundee Utd. Happy enough with that, good experience at this level. Can’t say I remember a massive amount about him, but good to get it sorted early.

Yeah, I recall the name don't remember much about him though he must have been in the Dumbarton side that gave Hughes' team a doing through at theirs.

McGlynn must see something given the length of contract, and that probably closes the door on Tait returning.

Edited by renton

Good to get a midfielder in nice and early. Performed very well at Dumbarton although I’m not sure how he was with Dundee United.

Pretty sure he can play primarily as an 8 but also as a 10 so seems like a sensible replacement for Tait. He should fit in well with McGlynn’s preferred style of play too, good footballer.

As an aside, at what point do you stop counting a contract in months? I’d say 18, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a two and a half year deal referred to as a 30 month contract so fair play to McGlynn for that!

5 minutes ago, renton said:

Yeah, I recall the name don't remember much about him though he must have been in the Dumbarton side that gave Hughes' team a doing through at theirs.

McGlynn must see something given the length of contract, and that probably closes the door on Tait returning.

Yeah he scored in that game. 

He was playing for Dundalk in their European games this season, including a draw away to Vitesse Arnhem so hopefully he can hit the ground running.

16 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Good to get a midfielder in nice and early. Performed very well at Dumbarton although I’m not sure how he was with Dundee United.

Pretty sure he can play primarily as an 8 but also as a 10 so seems like a sensible replacement for Tait. He should fit in well with McGlynn’s preferred style of play too, good footballer.

As an aside, at what point do you stop counting a contract in months? I’d say 18, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a two and a half year deal referred to as a 30 month contract so fair play to McGlynn for that!

Given that the 30 months commences on the 1st of January this is correct.

14 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

A young Stanton scored in the Grant Anderson game. 😃

Loved that game. Liked how the highlights just show the linesman walking way not interested after Dougie Hill’s goal. Don’t think it would have got past VAR that one. And Grant Anderson’s winner 😍

Weird game that one against Hibs. One of the Hibs fans chucked a lighter or coin at Callum Booth. Another one of their fans calls out that he was actually a Hibs player on loan and starts fighting with him. Still unreal that they didn't include a clause to make sure he couldn't appear in any potential fixtures.