The New Raith Rovers Thread

22 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Nothing against Dan Armstrong pretty sure he lives over the West so signing for Killie for a bigger wage was a no brainier and he no doubt thought they’d stroll the league. Unfortunately for him that’s not happened and he’s a bench warner at best.  Murray can GTF though signed for a bang average Pars team, anyone who crosses a rivalry deserves the stick that comes with it. 

Said as much last night. Armstrong left us before in the exact same circumstances - on both times he's moved for probably more money, only to then be put in a position where he's got to fight for his spot and then starts to struggle. The thing about Armstrong for me is that he was talking up how much he was loving his time at the club just a month before he walked away. Obviously players can't pay bills with enjoyment but he'll likely be gone at the end of the season. 

Murray is nothing more than an average Championship centre half. The way he left us was jarring but in all honesty, he was nothing more than decent in a defence which was utterly rotten at the time. 

3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Personally,  I think Frankie has strolled through every game he's played this season.

He didn't stroll through the Arbroath game, far from it. 

I'd keep him though. Fills the Davie Sinclair role of many positions. Maybe even goalie should our history catch up with us again. 

45 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

He didn't stroll through the Arbroath game, far from it. 

I'd keep him though. Fills the Davie Sinclair role of many positions. Maybe even goalie should our history catch up with us again. 

Fair play, I was guttered in the first half and forgot he played.

Was absolutely fine against Falkirk,  and I'd be bitterly dissapointed if Mckay at RB is the compromise as mooted.  He's absolutely miles away.

Was absolutely fine against Falkirk,  and I'd be bitterly dissapointed if Mckay at RB is the compromise as mooted.  He's absolutely miles away.
Aye, I think we should be sending McKay out for the rest of the season. He seems a good lad but we need better options to progress.

Yeah there is absolutely no chance we'll get a better option than Musonda. If he goes we will be spending the second half of the season dreading an injury or suspension to either Dick or Tumilty. 

I can see why he might be looking elsewhere though and I'm not sure we'll be able to get him to sign on. 

41 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Geez,I forgot Murray was at Killie and honestly didnt even notice him yesterday

I was gutted when the ref blew for full time just as Arnott made a cnut of Murray by dispossessing him and bearing down on goal. 

Teach him to cup his ears to us at Rugby Park. Must be a Killie thing. 

45 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Geez,I forgot Murray was at Killie and honestly didnt even notice him yesterday

I was the same, but with Fraser Murray. He's always looked a very tidy player when against us (except for the 5-1 demolition of the Pars when he missed a sitter) but I didn't even notice him yesterday. 

4 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:
5 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Aye, I think we should be sending McKay out for the rest of the season. He seems a good lad but we need better options to progress.

I would agree IF we had Frankie to cover Tumilty and Dick...while Young can cover Dick (oh dear, but you do what you have to, and a natural leftie at LB beats an aging Bene or (God help us) McKay there) we have no real cover for Tumilty outwith Musonda. We could try to cram Lang in there, but...

I would agree IF we had Frankie to cover Tumilty and Dick...while Young can cover Dick (oh dear, but you do what you have to, and a natural leftie at LB beats an aging Bene or (God help us) McKay there) we have no real cover for Tumilty outwith Musonda. We could try to cram Lang in there, but...
Bene is a better option than young at lb. He's strong with either foot and the experience he has of actually playing the position when called upon in the past would see him through.

10 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Yeah, I reckon Frankie would be fine in the Premiership, so no issue with an 18 month contract. 

On the other hand, 6 months on his deal left and frustrated that he can't get a game, while we're sat here desperate for CB cover? Interesting.

If Musonda doesn't stay it is nailed on that either Tumilty or Dick will suffer a ten week injury in February. Whilst I imagine he wants to play CB, he has been injured and we have found ourselves what looks to be a good combination. Even the club captain has been benched recently and is not being automatically reintroduced. 

Musonda is very capable and his versatility is something that would be hugely missed if he did depart. It was a blow to find out he is only signed until January. It would not surprise me in the slightest if he ended up at Dunfermline as part of Hughes' attempted turnaround. I know they've a lot of centre backs, but the ones they have are largely shite and he'd probably get a game.

Definitely try and keep him. As it is we will most probably lose Tait and the focus is definitely on people in rather than out. 

Edited by Michael W