The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I know we've not got many options but I would have brought in Mitchell and potentially Arnott for starts after Saturday. Disappointed Murray has just gone same again. 

I think it may suggest that Murray may have already decided that those two will be loaned (but it is also just possible he’s giving Zanatta a fair shot before dealing Mitchell in). To me, Mitchell is a shoe-in for a loan to develop, where Arnott could start, if not for our plethora of options (especially when Matthews and Spencer return and Brown doesn’t have to play back) in midfield. Given that, Arnott going on a loan in October might be a strong possibility.

An other thought is that Mitchell and Zanatta are far from the same player, with Zanatta more effective wide and cutting in, while Mitchell is a speed merchant who can zip down the middle and pressure the defense.

Arnott, on the other hand, is a near match for Easton with regard to his positioning and preferred play/movement. That’s why I expect he won’t get enough time to develop, at least this year, without a spell on loan.

Oh, and a final note that we should be holding our breath on Mitchell, as the lad is completing his Modern Apprentice contract this year and would be free to move on…I don’t understand why we haven’t extended him a contract offer, unless it’s just pending. He looks well worth the toss of the die!

5 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

I didn't get an attachment just an e-mail saying check your e-ticket attachment but no link on the email.  

Well if it's any consolation, you've not missed much. We've maybe had slightly more of the ball slightly further forward than we did on Saturday, but we've not created much. The best chance was Connolly going through on a counter attack, but the keeper tipped it wide. MacDonald had a make a decent save too, although the striker really shouldn't have given him a chance. 

Sam Stanton, notably, looks to be trying to drive forward a fair bit more. He's had a couple of long range efforts, too. 

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Not particularly great but not awful, moving the ball around well enough but not making the final ball count.

Mitchell on for Zanatta, please.

Gullan definitely needs Mitchell alongside him.

Lots of tidy football between the halfway line and the edge of the box, but absolutely no cutting edge.

A wee bit fortunate not to fall behind right on half time with non existent marking at a corner.