The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Apart from that Peterhead game, where he was very good to be fair, all he's done is give the ball to the opposition. I'm not convinced at all that he's good enough to make much of an impact for us in the league. 

I disagree. Yes, he's been guilty of giving the ball away but he's involved in pretty much everything creative we do. 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

We'll probably get through as one of the best 2nd placed sides if we win. I've not really compared the other groups though as it seems highly unlikely we'll win. 

Unless Aberdeen sends out a load of their U21s the we’ve got no chance after the last 2 showings 

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Unless Aberdeen sends out a load of their U21s the we’ve got no chance after the last 2 showings 

Yes, our issues with breaking down stuffy defences will definitely come to the fore on Sunday.

Not saying we'll do anything, and suspect our defence won't stand up to it but suspect it'll have little to do with how we played the last two.

4 minutes ago, renton said:

I disagree. Yes, he's been guilty of giving the ball away but he's involved in pretty much everything creative we do. 

Yes true, but he should not be part of a central midfield two. The position he loses the ball in is much more dangerous there. Get him wide left and ditch Zanatta or Ross or get and 3rd man in there and again ditch Zanatta or Ross. 

Just now, CountryBumpkin said:

Yes true, but he should not be part of a central midfield two. The position he loses the ball in is much more dangerous there. Get him wide left and ditch Zanatta or Ross or get and 3rd man in there and again ditch Zanatta or Ross. 

Could try a 4-3-1-2, he could play in either the three or the one. Needs us to get centre backs in to free up Brown to play in midfield though that's hardly news.

Issue is that if Murray wants a pressing game then it needs to accommodate both Brown and Connolly as they are high energy players that we have immediately fit.

9 minutes ago, renton said:

I quotient be surprised if in the league he'll cost us more goals than he creates. The amount of times he gives the ball away around our own box is alarming. He's coming deep to pick up the ball in the manner of Hendry and Spencer but he's nowhere near as good at it as either of them. 

2 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Where the feck we go from here is anybody's guess,  Murray needs to have players lined up now or we'll be fighting relegation from the start of the league campaign, just like our neighbours from along the road  

Hopefully the only way is up.... 

2 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Get in Gozie.....

Not exactly world class, but at least he is a striker.  Surely better to play a striker up front than midfielders? Very obvious tonight.

Also, if the answer is Gullan, then he is asking the wrong feckin questions.

Gozie doesn't answer those same questions tbh.

1st viewing of Murray’s team

Positives for me Scott Brown (reminds me of Sinky), Sam Stanton (Best player on the park), and Coulson (did more and better than Zanatta).

Played some nice stuff at times, but little goal threat, I’ve yet to see Gullan “hammer” something, and Easton looks out his depth on this showing.

As we know we need a striker or two, and a right footed centre back, slightly worried at the strapping in our only center half's knee 

I’m going tonight and if we don’t win then I will be concerned and Murray will be under a bit of pressure imo , we should have had 9 points before we faced Aberdeen as it was an easy group but hopefully the team turn up tonight COYR

Murray will be under pressure for not winning a couple preseason games? [emoji23][emoji23]

43 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Murray will be under pressure for not winning a couple preseason games? emoji23.pngemoji23.png

They aren’t pre season, we had a really good chance to qualify from that group and potentially draw a big club again and get some cash into the club, he has treated it like pre season and he has put himself under a bit of pressure with two poor performances last 2 games. What’s difficult to understand about that, if we beat Peterhead, Stirling and Dumbarton we would have qualified as a best runner up