The New Raith Rovers Thread

After the Alloa closed doors game I'm sure Murray said of the 4 trialists that were in that days squad the 2 strikers were away but the 2 centre backs were still here. Wouldn't surprise me if 2 of the signings are them and if so I'd assume they've been training with the team for a bit now which would bode well at least. 

8 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

The way Davie Hancock worded the question at the end of the interview on Tues suggests that something is imminent.  I hope. 

Did sound like that and Murray did say that he was hoping 1/2 or maybe even 3 are signed by then……. We’re going to get a Spence, Buchanan and Murray type thing aren’t we where 3 are announced at the same time 

Just now, RRFC_Liam said:

Did sound like that and Murray did say that he was hoping 1/2 or maybe even 3 are signed by then……. We’re going to get a Spence, Buchanan and Murray type thing aren’t we where 3 are announced at the same time 

If we get one, I'll be jumping for joy.

We have the (slightly unfair) advantage of playing after everyone else this weekend so we'll know exactly what's needed beforehand. 

A 2 goal win will win us the group, a 1 goal win would (I think) need a result or two to go our way on Saturday.

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

It's all very boring waiting to see if we sign 0, 1, 2 or 3 players. So I thought I'd start a rumour  Danny Mullen, striker out of contract.

FTFY

To add more, a 1 goal win puts us 2nd with 9 points and +7 GD, would need 2 of the below to come in to qualify - some more likely than others.

Group B would need Partick lose to Montrose (incl on pens) or Kilmarnock draw with Stenhousemuir or lose by less than 3.

Group C would need Ross Co to lose to East Fife (incl on pens), Dunfermline not to win in 90 against Alloa, or a 1 goal Dunfermline win where they score less than we do.

Group D, E and F can't beat that.

Group G would need Livingston not to beat Kelty by 6 combined with Inverness losing in 90 against Cove.

Group H would need Dundee to lose to Forfar in 90, or QP not to win by 2, and Hamilton not to win by 4.

Edited by true_rover

43 minutes ago, Raithie said:

John McGlynn, signs Kai Kennedy who has a pre existing hernia and is out for 2 months. Appears to have signed another player who is also injured. Never change John 😂

So glad he is away.  Had 2 good seasons in about 9 with us.....

49 minutes ago, Raithie said:

John McGlynn, signs Kai Kennedy who has a pre existing hernia and is out for 2 months. Appears to have signed another player who is also injured. Never change John 😂

And folk use to say he was a manager “unlucky” with injuries when he was also part of the problem he couldn’t manage the injuries to players properly and they’d get injured again or be out for longer 

Partick have signed Anton Dowds and now Danny Mullen this window, presuming we’re shopping in similar markets financially for strikers it feels like we could’ve missed a trick on both. Then again with our rumoured reduced budget this year perhaps we’re not. Hope Murray has been focused elsewhere for good reason!