The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Ross was fouled a hell of a lot that half, it seemed.

Not sure if its just the quality of the stream, but the pitch doesn't look great either.

Ross has been kicked all over the pitch pretty much every game so far. 

15 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Pitch looks like sand 

There's definitely a lot of sand kicking up in places. I'm no groundsman but that seems wild for this stage of the season. 

I'm not convinced we have been better since half time, incidentally. We're doing about the same middle-to-front with the ball, but we look more susceptible on the break. 

I suspect a goal will eventually come, sooner or later the nice wee passing and moving of Connolly/Easton/Zanatta will create a break in the box, but it's been much like Saturday in that regard. Just plugging away until the sheer number of chances means one goes in eventually. 

Some nice moves, decent football,  but a frightening lack of cutting edge in that final 3rd.  The amount of balls into the box over the past 2 games that have had nobody near them is wild.

We are by no means bad, but there absolutely has to be a centre forward coming in over the next week and a bit. Mitchell looks like he has potential for sure, but he hasn't looked threatening where it matters.  

Edited by CALDERON

Keeping myself updated from Spain but have to say this is pish. Piss poor v Stirling and struggling to breakdown Dumbarton. I can understand friendlies buy these are competitive games. 2 or 3 new signings needed without delay. All need to be playing Aberdeen before we face Cove.

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Some nice moves, decent football,  but a frightening lack of cutting edge in that final 3rd.  The amount of balls into the box over the past 2 games that have had nobody near them is wild.

We are by no means bad, but there absolutely has to be a centre forward coming in over the next week and a bit. Mitchell looks like he has potential for sure, but he hasn't looked threatening where it matters.  

We need a big target man striker the amount of crosses we’ve put in and straight to the Keeper or their CH Is too easy we need someone there challenging for those balls 

8 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

We need a big target man striker the amount of crosses we’ve put in and straight to the Keeper or their CH Is too easy we need someone there challenging for those balls 

Alternatively, stop playing aimless crosses into a box when we know we don't have the players to win headers, be more creative instead.