The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Absolute no to Akio from me. We need a higher standard than him.

Agree on this. The other thing I'd add is that Akio will be 25 by the time next season starts. In that sense, it's a bit like Frederiksen in that we're not exactly dealing with a raw teenager who might have potential to significantly improve if we give them some game time. Don't get me wrong, I love Akio's attitude and enthusiasm and I hope he finds a club soon*, but with a small squad we can't afford to be having senior players who we need to treat with a kid glove. 

*I might have mis-heard this, but I think they said on Raith TV that someone from a US team was looking at Akio, so it would't surprise me if he heads back to north America.

I'm just hoping a decent budget can allow us time to get a good proven talisman in. We simply can't afford any more "panic" signings such as fredriksen. Correct me if I'm wrong,  but wasn't he signed after a trial period?? If it turns out he wasn't doing enough to warrant game time, then how the f**k did he pass a trial??

4 minutes ago, philpy said:

I'm just hoping a decent budget can allow us time to get a good proven talisman in. We simply can't afford any more "panic" signings such as fredriksen. Correct me if I'm wrong,  but wasn't he signed after a trial period?? If it turns out he wasn't doing enough to warrant game time, then how the f**k did he pass a trial??

I have a feeling he was put to us through that charlatan Delios

22 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ve apparently agreed a PCA with a goalkeeper up here who’s been playing regularly for their current club. 

I had assumed it was maybe someone further down the divisions but it could be MacDonald if we’re looking for someone to really push Albinson. He gets a fair amount of stick from our fans for being ex-Killie but at the last game at Somerset he was taking it quite well and having a bit of a chat with fans in the SRE during stoppages. 

Mind you, if Mark Ridgers exploits last night are anything to go by it may well be him that’s joining us. 

Late to the party but could this be Mehmet? Rumoured that we've tried to give him reduced terms (Peter Grant made him our highest earner ffs).

1 minute ago, VinnyPar said:

Late to the party but could this be Mehmet? Rumoured that we've tried to give him reduced terms (Peter Grant made him our highest earner ffs).

Maybe 

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was Robbie Mutch that has just left Edinburgh though. His dad has started following us on Twitter recently. 

35 minutes ago, philpy said:

Graeme Kilgour on his radio show has said he was told and assured that the budget won’t be less than this season and basically hinting it’s gonna be a lot more but not gonna be throwing cash around 

Would anyone take Callum Smith from Airdrie? He’s out of the contract in the summer plus Ian Murray signed him twice once on loan then permanently, still lives local and has scored goals the last 2 seasons and can play Centrally and Outwide… just putting that name as a suggestion 

2 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Would anyone take Callum Smith from Airdrie? He’s out of the contract in the summer plus Ian Murray signed him twice once on loan then permanently, still lives local and has scored goals the last 2 seasons and can play Centrally and Outwide… just putting that name as a suggestion 

Would replace Spencer. I'd like Gallagher too.

9 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Graeme Kilgour on his radio show has said he was told and assured that the budget won’t be less than this season and basically hinting it’s gonna be a lot more but not gonna be throwing cash around 

Best fire down to IKEA and buy a bench if we can field subs. A larger budget is great as long as it’s affordable.  I’m interested to see what they’re looking at behind the scenes to improve revenues as we’ve obviously not been doing great on that front. No doubt we’ll soon find out the new boards ambitions and what strength of squad we’re fielding next season.  We’ll definitely need a bit more luck on the injury front as ourselves and Inverness seem to have had some terrible luck this season. 

Anyone know who’s contracted for next season? 

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

I’m interested to see what they’re looking at behind the scenes to improve revenues as we’ve obviously not been doing great on that front

Have you listen to the interview from Friday? Worth a listen and outlines some things they are planning on doing in terms of that 

24 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Would replace Spencer. I'd like Gallagher too.

He’d be an odd choice to replace Spencer when he’s a forward than can play out wide! I’ve said before, maybe even on this thread, that Smith to Raith in the summer makes a lot of sense. Murray has signed him twice before and his best form has came under Murray, he’s exactly the kind of ridiculously hard-working wide player Murray likes. I think he lives in Cowdenbeath and has a young family, so a move to Raith seems incredibly obvious. 

27 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Best fire down to IKEA and buy a bench if we can field subs. A larger budget is great as long as it’s affordable.  I’m interested to see what they’re looking at behind the scenes to improve revenues as we’ve obviously not been doing great on that front. No doubt we’ll soon find out the new boards ambitions and what strength of squad we’re fielding next season.  We’ll definitely need a bit more luck on the injury front as ourselves and Inverness seem to have had some terrible luck this season. 

Anyone know who’s contracted for next season? 

Well get revenue from pitchside advertising back up and running that's for sure, if it's not already been done

Thomson, McNeil

Millen

Brown, Easton, Stanton,  Mathews, Ross,

Arnott

Gullan, Vaughan

17 minutes ago, Mr November said:

He’d be an odd choice to replace Spencer when he’s a forward than can play out wide! I’ve said before, maybe even on this thread, that Smith to Raith in the summer makes a lot of sense. Murray has signed him twice before and his best form has came under Murray, he’s exactly the kind of ridiculously hard-working wide player Murray likes. I think he lives in Cowdenbeath and has a young family, so a move to Raith seems incredibly obvious. 

He certainly seems to tick a lot of boxes for us, gabby McGill ain’t to shabby either or obviously Gallagher 

Edited by Been going too long

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Most often at LW this season, a goal every 295 minutes (in League One)…not a classic CF and plays a spot we already are well staffed at (Ross, Vaughan, Gullen, Easton)…but, who knows.

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Sim did say after talking with other teams Directors our budget should be competitive. I would take that as slightly more than this season.