The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Dundee*, Queens Park, Hamilton & Ayr.

*to be replaced by Dunfermline next season.

Thistle also put a team into the Reserve Cup, but not the Reserve League, for some reason. 

Regardless, I don't see these guys leaving for other Championship clubs. If they're choosing to go, they'll go to the Lowland League/League Two and look to be 'players' rather than 'prospects'. 

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Connolly has said he'd like to stay, so I hope we manage to sort something for him. He's pally with Spencer though, so I guess he might be getting it in the ear from him. If Spencer is indeed leaving. Which we're all fairly sure he is.

Exciting times.

I’d try to keep Connolly if he’s interested, might be better to stay unless an offer is too good to turn down. Seems to be playing well under Murray and scoring goals. Moves don’t always work out but I guess it depends on the offers. Spencer seems to want away even last summer and only signed last minute presumably as he didn’t get the offer he was holding out for so time to move on. MacDonald is decent but the signs are he might be away. Don’t think there’s many I’d want us to go out of our way to keep maybe one of Lang or Nolan for a bit of continuity.  Looking like a total rebuild next season and it’ll definitely be Murray’s team then. Interesting to see who goes and stays and then who we bring in. 

6 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’m not sure Masson is up to it, to be honest. He’s been ok at best. Still young, will get better, but not sure he will be the level we need him to be. Young kinda similar but I think his ceiling is a bit higher. 

He’s been played at RB as much as CB, and had little playing time despite asking to be loaned out. It says to me he’s hungry and willing, so a basic FT contract with plans to loan to League One or Two next year should be offered (and perhaps was) to keep seeing how he develops, IMHO.

Mcgill for as much as he played ok the other night - is more a beef up the squad type of player and have an option. If we can get him on decent terms, wouldnt be disappointed if he signed. 

If McGill is telling the truth and hasn't heard anything about a deal yet, I don't like his chances of getting a contract from us. 

On another note I see that Tranmere v Northampton is live on Sky today. Hendry v Bowie. 

12 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

We were never gonna give/match Bene his rumoured over 2k a week that he’s currently on at Dunfermline 

That's a pretty wild rumour, our top two earners are on less than that and neither are Bene. 

We matched Raiths financial offer, however we offered an extra year, and with that an incremental rise this year? 

Edited by Grant228

20 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

That's a pretty wild rumour, our top two earners are on less than that and neither are Bene. 

We matched Raiths financial offer, however we offered an extra year, and with that an incremental rise this year? 

Not doubting you but how do you know how much Dunfermline players earn?

On 06/05/2023 at 20:53, Hank Scorpio said:

Ethan Ross, I think (and hope) will be absolutely fine again once he’s had a pre-season. He was visibly blowing out his arse after about 15 minutes last night but he’s been injured for a long time. You don’t become a bad player in that space of time and he’s shown he can be excellent at this level in the past. Get him fit and he can still be a big player for us. 

Was speaking with a Ross family member at the weekend, Ethan had a sports hernia on top of a regular hernia and was getting injections to try and get him through games, problem was he couldn't walk for four days afterwards and was in tremendous pain so couldn't train either. They are hopeful the surgery has fixed it all and I should think with a full pre season under his belt we might see him returning to his best this season assuming his rehab is managed properly.

20 minutes ago, lgb61 said:

Was speaking with a Ross family member at the weekend, Ethan had a sports hernia on top of a regular hernia and was getting injections to try and get him through games, problem was he couldn't walk for four days afterwards and was in tremendous pain so couldn't train either. They are hopeful the surgery has fixed it all and I should think with a full pre season under his belt we might see him returning to his best this season assuming his rehab is managed properly.

Wonder if they will take on the food outlet 🤷‍♂️

14 hours ago, TxRover said:

Best crystal ball gazing wild ass guess:

Away: MacDonald, Lang, Spencer, Connolly, McBride, Mahady

On the fence: Masson, Nolan, Dick, Young

Staying: Mitchell, Thomson

Non-contracted coming in: McGill

Edited to add: I’d be gutted if we let Young, Masson and Nolan go after all the time put into the two young lads and the development we saw in Nolan. If we plan a pathway in the future, what a better way to start it than keeping Masson and Young around.

I would prioritise trying to keep Connolly. Could see a nightmare scenario of him in a pars shirt scoring for fun against us.

Spencer is one of our better players and 18 months ago I'd be devestated to lose him but I'm less fussed now.

I would keep Masson and Young, and either give them a chance with some more game time or send them out on loan for 6 months.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

That figure came from bene himself talking to a rovers supporter, think he still lives in Kirkcaldy and was probably justifying why he left, he has a family totally understandable why he would want security of a 2 year deal 

2 hours ago, Beachbum said:

Not doubting you but how do you know how much Dunfermline players earn?

Small world really, leaks have thankfully become less common over the season though. 

1 hour ago, Been going too long said:

That figure came from bene himself talking to a rovers supporter, think he still lives in Kirkcaldy and was probably justifying why he left, he has a family totally understandable why he would want security of a 2 year deal 

The security of the 2 year deal was why he moved, Benedictus is not on over 100 grand a year.