The New Raith Rovers Thread

46 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Every time we've played Hamilton he's looked OK, but nothing spectacular, he was in a pretty poor team overall however.  

Just had a read of the Falkirk thread. They're wetting the bed over potentially signing MacDonald and Lang claiming they're not good enough 😂

Absolute 🤡🌍 eh! Jammer will be thee best keeper in League 1 without a doubt. And Lang would totally stroll it. They’d rather sign Darren Brownlee😳. help ma boab 

53 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Only 1 of 3 mentioned on their thread I could see going there would be Jamie MacDonald, guaranteed starter, closer to home and most likely offered a 2 year deal

Plus McGlynn inflation. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Jammer ended up there at all. 

On 09/06/2023 at 12:01, oneteaminglasgow said:

He’s supposed to be away to play in Cyprus again.

Failing that, he’s another who stays in Dumfries so if he is hanging around Scotland then Kirkcaldy may be a bit of a trek for him. 

He stayed in Dumfries when he played for Dundee too so travel doesnt appear to bother him. Although he has kids now and didnt then so you may be right. 

On 09/06/2023 at 12:43, Grant228 said:

I think QoTS train in Glasgow however! 

We train in Hamilton.

3 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Aye true he’d be on one of those daft McGlynn contracts that is a shambles and get unwarranted pay rises 

I still find it remarkable that Sim managed to pass the blame of contract clauses onto Mcglynn. The same John Sim that’s a global head of an international accountancy firm. 

Just now, Jilted John said:

I still find it remarkable that Sim managed to pass the blame of contract clauses onto Mcglynn. The same John Sim that’s a global head of an international accountancy firm. 

Aye, Sim really can't give it the whole "Travolta in Pulp Fiction" lookaround on that front. Lack of appropriate oversight makes him as culpable, if not more, than McGlynn. 

That said, I do love the term "McGlynnflation", so I'm happy for that to remain the dominant narrative. 

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Aye, Sim really can't give it the whole "Travolta in Pulp Fiction" lookaround on that front. Lack of appropriate oversight makes him as culpable, if not more, than McGlynn. 

That said, I do love the term "McGlynnflation", so I'm happy for that to remain the dominant narrative. 

So Sim as Marcellus Wallace, JMcG as Vincent Vega, and Paul Smith as Jules Winnfield? I guess that leaves Barrowman as Mr. Wolfe, Steve MacDonald as Jimmy Dimmick and Bill Clark as Marvin?

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

So Sim as Marcellus Wallace, JMcG as Vincent Vega, and Paul Smith as Jules Winnfield? I guess that leaves Barrowman as Mr. Wolfe, Steve MacDonald as Jimmy Dimmick and Bill Clark as Marvin?

Who do we reckon was the gimp?, Ian McCall?

53 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Let’s not start on that CEO… another of Sim’s mistakes. 

That CEO was pre-Sim.

The same CEO that gave Bates away for nothing and sanctioned the loan of Lewis Vaughan to a club in a relegation battle with us.

Oh, and I nearly forgot, the same CEO that left us with Ryan Stevenson in goals for a relegation six pointer because he didn't quite understand the rules, despite the fact he was on a SPFL committee.

Edited by Specky Ginger

6 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Tons of great things happening with the club, does the mistakes of yesteryear really need discussed?

Look forward. 

I knew a guy who was a history lecturer.

His motto was "To understand the present and future, you need to understand the past."

Sage advice.

While it's nice that Sim is offering dinner technical expertise, it's a huge difference to not have someone who "shoots from the hip" in the press. I think it can be summed up that before we had a club which was a sum of it's parts, whereas now it now feels like we're working off the pitch as a cohesive unit. 

27 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

While it's nice that Sim is offering dinner technical expertise, it's a huge difference to not have someone who "shoots from the hip" in the press. I think it can be summed up that before we had a club which was a sum of it's parts, whereas now it now feels like we're working off the pitch as a cohesive unit. 

Thanks to Sim's due diligence, no?