The New Raith Rovers Thread

It’s funny. I think he’ll be a great signing for Falkirk, if he stays fit, but I wasn’t arsed at all about him leaving. I think that slow build from the back style of football has had its day for now a bit.

Just now, Enigma said:

It’s funny. I think he’ll be a great signing for Falkirk, if he stays fit, but I wasn’t arsed at all about him leaving. I think that slow build from the back style of football has had its day for now a bit.

That’s McGlynns favourite style of play so I understand why he would look at Spencer and I reckon Murray’s what’s a totally different style of play next season with the signings he made so far 

28 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Aye that’s true he could still play in championship I thought maybe a team like Ayr or something coming in for him as he’s a lot closer to them, not really arsed if he goes to Falkirk just think he’s too good for that league and could do a lot better 

Yeah a type of player we're crying out for.  However he's no played for about 25 different clubs in the Conference Leagues in England so our scouting department won't be bothered.

Be a great signing for Falkirk in League 1.

I thought he struggled a bit in Murrays team. Can't quite put my finger on it but he only had a couple of good games last season and towards the end of the season was, frankly, brutal. The Challenge Cup final was one of his worst performances in a Rovers jersey.

Could be he was struggling for fitness, could be he only looked good next to RH8, could be he was found wanting at championship level once good teams identified he doesn't like being pressured. Who knows.

Whatever, he was a good servant for us and over the 4 years has given us some good memories and performances and been a central part of our progression to an establish championship club. I doubt he had what it takes to take us to the next level so not unhappy he has gone.

5 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Falkirk fans fairly filling their breeks with excitement at this news. 

I can see why, they’ll both stroll that league. They should probably bare in mind, before getting carried away, that they were both released by a club that finished just 7th in the championship who’s fans were generally not too fussed of their departures.

Just now, Enigma said:

I can see why, they’ll both stroll that league. They should probably bare in mind, before getting carried away, that they were both released by a club that finished just 7th in the championship who’s fans were generally not too fussed of their departures.

Are you sure the other is Tom Lang? 

9 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Falkirk fans fairly filling their breeks with excitement at this news. 

Well, yes. 

It reflects pretty badly on Spencer that he's dropping down to League One. He's much better than that. 

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

I can see why, they’ll both stroll that league. They should probably bear in mind, before getting carried away, that they were both released by a club that finished just 7th in the championship who’s fans were generally not too fussed of their departures.

They were offered deals by Raith tho , Spencer confirmed thought he could have got better 🤷🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Puts paid to the Fife Gretna jibes.

Falkirk FC AGM: 1.2 million loss but club 'on the up on and off the park', commercial successes, 'Forever Falkirk' revealed

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc-agm-12-million-loss-but-club-on-the-up-on-and-off-the-park-commercial-successes-forever-falkirk-revealed-4039686

Not an accusation that particular club can throw around. 

1 minute ago, Kooz92 said:

Lang and Spencer at Falkirk... 😂

Would've taken both at Airdrie, surely a bit bizarre they've dropped down a league?

Were they both disappointing with yous lot last season, or did Murray just not fancy them.