The New Raith Rovers Thread

Unfortunately, it's not unknown for kick off times to be changed at the very last minute to accommodate TV companies.

Remember the McKinnon season when our game against Falkirk was changed at about ten days notice, on the say so of BBC Alibaba, and punters arrived at Stark's Park suited and booted as they were heading straight to the Player of the Year Dance that night, the start time of which had to be delayed.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Unfortunately, it's not unknown for kick off times to be changed at the very last minute to accommodate TV companies.

Remember the McKinnon season when our game against Falkirk was changed at about ten days notice, on the say so of BBC Alibaba, and punters arrived at Stark's Park suited and booted as they were heading straight to the Player of the Year Dance that night, the start time of which had to be delayed.

Fair chance Viaplay simply f**ked it up and forgot Weekend games kick at 5:15 and Weekday at 7:45.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Fair chance Viaplay simply f**ked it up and forgot Weekend games kick at 5:15 and Weekday at 7:45.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Hopefully.

18 hours ago, Jilted John said:

So you’re saying Joma produced a brand new kit rather than just making more of one already in production? That doesn’t seem right?

18 hours ago, grumswall said:

They will bang out x amount of kits for each club and that will be it I'd imagine. Probably got rid of the template used, so making a third kit instead of trying to replicate the original template is alot easier and more cost effective for them. I'd guess anyway. 

Jumping in without the facts here, but if the 2nd kit was a bespoke design then it will definitely have been several months quicker to badge up an off the shelf catalogue kit at short notice than to reproduce something from scratch again. They make the material to order.

Even if the prev 2nd kit was a catalogue one, it may have been discontinued and they didn't have enough supply left to send however many more you needed. It's the same reason we produced an entirely new kit for our last SPFL Trust Trophy Final as we didn't have enough kit left in our home (or away, though we wore the home colours) to start from scratch with different sleeve sponsors etc.

13 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Surely a CH will be signed tomorrow/Tuesday if Murray ideally wants them in for the Linlithgow game 

IM mentioned in hid interview thats he's looking to bring in at least 4. If that's the case and can get them over the line it would be nice for an announcement a day with a strip launch on Friday. 

Did we also not expect something about the railway stand this week.

3 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Surely a CH will be signed tomorrow/Tuesday if Murray ideally wants them in for the Linlithgow game 

Given the whole Championship seems to be looking for CB’s, along with others, I’m not sure how quickly they’ll be on board,

15 hours ago, TxRover said:

Given the whole Championship seems to be looking for CB’s, along with others, I’m not sure how quickly they’ll be on board,

They were all looking for strikers and wingers too. We managed to get them on board quickly. 

12 minutes ago, Dalziel8 said:

They were all looking for strikers and wingers too. We managed to get them on board quickly. 

Agreed, but it does seem the CB market is significantly tighter than some other positions. The other note would be that English contracts seem to run until June 30th, perhaps delaying signings?

23 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Agreed, but it does seem the CB market is significantly tighter than some other positions. The other note would be that English contracts seem to run until June 30th, perhaps delaying signings?

I’m sure we signed Ross Millen in and around this time or a wee bit later last season from Scunthorpe so there surely won’t be a delay this time round when looking down south 

10 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

That’s Partick announced that Docherty, Holt and Turner have left can we see maybe 1 rocking up at starks park 

LB, DM and a CM. I’d say Holt is unlikely UNLESS Dick isn’t going to hang left with his new extension. If IM moves Liam to primarily CB, I guess Holt is possible. Docherty would be useful as another DM, but surely he, Brown and a Matthews all expect to start. Turner would possibly be an expensive two year punt on someone being willing to pay for him later this year or next, as otherwise we’re pretty fat there.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

LB, DM and a CM. I’d say Holt is unlikely UNLESS Dick isn’t going to hang left with his new extension. If IM moves Liam to primarily CB, I guess Holt is possible. Docherty would be useful as another DM, but surely he, Brown and a Matthews all expect to start. Turner would possibly be an expensive two year punt on someone being willing to pay for him later this year or next, as otherwise we’re pretty fat there.

Holt is primarily a CB these days. He only played LB for the last few games of 22/23 because Milne got injured.

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Holt is primarily a CB these days. He only played LB for the last few games of 22/23 because Milne got injured.

Useful to know…and that would give us Dick and Holt both capable of LB or CB…OK, sign me up.