The New Raith Rovers Thread

Interesting to hear that Murray is going to be asking his fullbacks to get further forward this season. Partly because it gives some absolution to Millen and - in particular - Dick, who were pretty reticent as far as fullbacks go last year. I do think that's closer to Dick's natural game, though, so it'll be interesting to see how he does with a more attacking brief. 

Also noteworthy is Murray's summary of Scott Brown's injury. He mentions it's a small knock and that they're waiting on scan results. He doesn't sound overly concerned, but he starts that answer by saying "Scott Brown is the same", immediately after saying Connolly is out for another four or five weeks. But I don't know if he means "Scott is the same as Aidan" or "Scott is the same as he was", ie it's nothing serious. 

43 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Oh dear, someone said something to upset you wee man?

By the way I've finally cracked the Tazz1903 moniker. Your mum told me it's her pet name for you and the time she says your supposed to be in bed for. 

Ps hugs and kisses to yer maw, lovely lady, most accommodating.

That is absolutely terrible patter

10 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

Brace yourself for some classic post from these rockets bud. 😂 

^
Big team found. 
I know there’s no interest on EF’s thread here on P&B and your club in general but please add something of value.

13 hours ago, renton said:

The 2008/09 top was a decent design, the one two years back was too busy with the red badge detail on it.

Not that I disliked that aspect of it, but it was an either or: half and half or have the badge in there. Was too busy otherwise. Quite like the Joma shade of blue they use for us as opposed to the darker Puma Navy blue.

Pretty much my take as well.

The Puma half and half top was classy, with subtle detailing, whereas the Joma one looked like the kind of football top you find in shops located under self catering appartments in Benidorm beside the buckets and spades. A half and half top should be the same on the back (like our Puma one). The self coloured back on our Joma one further spoiled it. Even the collar looked like it belonged to two different tops. 

Edited by Specky Ginger

Starks Bark is going back a good 25 years at least. There was also 27/11 and one before that I can't remember the name of. 

Talking about fanzines kids, they were little magazines put together by fans. They had all kinds of articles, ill informed ramblings and irreverent trivia, the p&b of its day. 

Edited by pub car king