The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

It’s hilarious how so many folk who quite happily dress head to toe from Next are suddenly fashion critics when the new strip is released. 

Personally I think it’s a bit of a shame because it’s so nearly an absolute belter. 

With a simple white V-neck and some white shorts it would be bloody brilliant. 
Still think it’s decent though, better than the half and half Joma one. 
Have ordered one for my nephew anyway. 

Come on, it's dressed head to toe in Stone Island tat. 

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Don't think any of the kits I've seen so far have been any good. Ours have been awful, Falkirks are terrible and this one from the Rovers is arguably the worst. The tartan really jars at the seams IMO, and the solid red turnover on the socks looks strange anyway before you see that the collar has red and white. Having blue shorts makes the whole kit so very dark and the collar - wow! 

Nah, someone tried drawing on your stripes with a dried up pen.

Strip is minging. Top would be decent if not for the ridiculous collar but the worst thing about it for me is the shorts and socks. Shorts should be white and they don't even look the same shade of blue as the top. Socks look almost black with red turnovers like they belong as part of a Rangers kit 

2 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

This. We won the League Cup in one of our worst ever strips that looked like it had bird shit on one shoulder. Now it’s a classic that’s been re-created and people love. 

Speaking of re-created classics I wonder if there are any more retro shirts in the pipeline now Kilgour is on board? He was the driving force behind the past couple if I remember correctly.

I would've liked to have seen us go back to an early 80s style. Like the Bukta one. I've done one here along similar lines. Obviously with the Joma logo running down the sleeve

Collage_2023-07-01_01_23_11.jpg

Edited by MICMAC

4 hours ago, stevoraith said:

It’s hilarious how so many folk who quite happily dress head to toe from Next are suddenly fashion critics when the new strip is released. 

Personally I think it’s a bit of a shame because it’s so nearly an absolute belter. 

With a simple white V-neck and some white shorts it would be bloody brilliant. 
Still think it’s decent though, better than the half and half Joma one. 
Have ordered one for my nephew anyway. 

Sorta like this...I changed the red to white and the shorts to white...needs a bit of trim added, but...

23-24Raith.jpg.5c57b382ba549048ba60dc673d8c8597.jpg

4 hours ago, MICMAC said:

I would've liked to have seen us go back to an early 80s style. Like the Bukta one. I've done one here along similar lines. Obviously with the Joma logo running down the sleeve

That’s a rangers kit 😂

One thing I will say is that you can see the improvement in club communications now. Shortly after the fixtures and the kit were released emails were sent out by the club with details about how to buy season tickets and the home kit. 

10 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That’s a rangers kit 😂

It does look a bit staunch but I can see where they were going with the idea. This is the kit in question which would be a good retro to add to the list. 

Screenshot_20230701_063839_Google.jpg

6 hours ago, MICMAC said:

Although I prefer us with a navy blue kit, for nostalgic purposes a kit along these lines or even the spall one we wore in the late 80s would be nice. We would need to be careful to ensure it didn't look too 'Rangersy' though. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

It does look a bit staunch but I can see where they were going with the idea. This is the kit in question which would be a good retro to add to the list. 

Screenshot_20230701_063839_Google.jpg

The way to avoid any Hunnery would be to release the away strip from that era - same design, but white with navy trim.

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Sorta like this...I changed the red to white and the shorts to white...needs a bit of trim added, but...

23-24Raith.jpg.5c57b382ba549048ba60dc673d8c8597.jpg

That looks 100 times better.

Make the collar plain navy and the socks the same shade as the top and you have a winner.

Not sure about the new top, sort of looks like 3 strips chopped into one but I’ll wait until I see it in person before making my final opinion although I’m not a fan of the collar. Shots wise I agree they should definitely be white. Football seems to be heading towards the one colour strip like USA Basketball has to make sure there’s no clash of colours for the referee. Strange as most clubs had white shots and it was never a problem in the past. But certainly at international level Scotland seem to be Blue shits and blue shorts these days. 

Game day, anyone know how strong Kelty are these days? Were flying up the leagues and obviously hit their ceiling at league 1 but we’re a tidy club capable of giving anyone a game. Obviously since then we’ve raided their board and they seem to have lost a few names. Are they likely on the decline or have they replaced what they had. Got a soft spot for Kelty as I’ve always been a supporter of a Scottish Pyramid system and they were the Junior team who called out the BS the SJFA we’re feeding everyone and started the flood followed by Dalkeith. Never easy to be the one that breaks rank and there were plenty who wanted Kelty to fall on their arse.