The New Raith Rovers Thread

46 minutes ago, RR35 said:

Masson was subbed off around the 30 minute mark after having a complete and utter howler against Dundee 

In the East Fife game he looked an extremely weak link. What I would say is his tackling looked on point in the second half but with the influx of quality players we desperately need another capable centre half. Personally I would send Masson on loan for a season to see how he shapes up in league 1

I’d love to see Masson getting a loan to League One, but that’s at least 2 CB’s away.

2 hours ago, Beachbum said:

I'm only a row or 2 from the front, jumping about like a loony, if memory serves me right it came only 2 or 3 minutes after Paul Browne sclaffed one off his shin in off the post.

23 hours ago, Offshore Rover said:

With social media about I don’t think having a sign up with the next game is really going to make a difference to the crowd. There is limited footfall going past the stadium. If people are interested they’ll see things on social like the promo video they have just released in the last hour or by sending out emails about the game, like a few days ago

Disagree. I follow rovers on twitter but still had to go on their site to see what is happening. Pratt street is a busy thoroughfare with cars so dont agree with you.

3 hours ago, Beachbum said:

That - along with Dundee in the Scottish Cup in 2010 - is the most pandemonium I think I've experienced in an away end. If I remember rightly (or I could just be making this up), there was a delay re-starting after that goal because the poor ref went over to get the players back and ended up getting poked in the eye with the corner flag!

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

By my reckoning, he was at least 30yards further back than that when he hit it. That video's been doctored. 

I was telling a young lad at work about that goal a couple of months back. 
I said it was about 40yards out and only a few yards in from the touch-line 😂

I then went and found the video to show him and since then he’s thought I’m a blethering hoor. 

That and the Casa goal were absolute bedlam. 

44 minutes ago, Kuma Power said:

If I remember rightly (or I could just be making this up), there was a delay re-starting after that goal because the poor ref went over to get the players back and ended up getting poked in the eye with the corner flag!

It wasn't the corner flag, it was a supporter who mistakenly poked the ref in the eye when he ran on the pitch to celebrate the 50yd wonder goal.

I'll not name him on here but he rhymes with Vario Dalente.

This constantly having 4 or 5 starting players out injured is ripping my fucking knitting. It’s been like this for about 6 or 7 years, across multiple groups of players, managers, medical teams, surfaces and training facilities. Absolutely fucks us every single year. Sick to back teeth of it. 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This constantly having 4 or 5 starting players out injured is ripping my fucking knitting. It’s been like this for about 6 or 7 years, across multiple groups of players, managers, medical teams, surfaces and training facilities. Absolutely fucks us every single year. Sick to back teeth of it. 

I blame Tonya Harding.

15 hours ago, Wardy said:

It’s just as well we have signed guys like Mullin and Smith because Connolly and Ross are injured with the latter almost permanently injured.

Would I have sacrificed one of those signings for another defender? Possibly. But having a potential CB pairing of Dick and Watson is perfectly fine going into the Viaplay games. Corr/Masson can play against Annan and Albion Rovers. A month to find a CB in time for Firhill. 

I'm sorry but if we manage a win on Saturday, Corr and masson could get a game but only beside and experienced defender. 

If Nolan had an experienced CH beside him last season to help him through games, would we be talking about how sh!te he was, probably not. He had no one to learn from, thrown in at the deep end. Yes he was a bomb scare at times but there is a player in there, somewhere.

Definitely not saying either Corr or Masson should be regular starters but Masson proved last season that’s he’s adequate at least at this level and Corr featured at the same level if not higher than Hendry did before joining us. Why have them on the books if we’re not willing to give them a go.

Fed up of the doom and gloom in recent weeks on here. Were less than 48 hrs away from competitive football and the bookies have us better odds than than the pars at present.

Would we love our full team assembled by now? Of course! However I doubt their is a team in the country that still has business to do. Its not for the lack of trying and I’d rather wait a week or 2 to get the right player(s) rather than quickly taking whats there at the moment.

37 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’m actually surprised we have stuck with Blair, the sports science/strength and conditioning guy. I’m in no way blaming him for our injuries but I’d have thought we might have gone down a different route. There’s only so long we can put it down to bad luck!

4 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I’m actually surprised we have stuck with Blair, the sports science/strength and conditioning guy. I’m in no way blaming him for our injuries but I’d have thought we might have gone down a different route. There’s only so long we can put it down to bad luck!

I'm the same. I thought he'd have been away this summer.