The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

The flare and ridiculous paedo chants probably caused the review. Can't say i'm shocked given that.

I think they've figured closer to the pitch = bad for the young team/ultras.

I don’t think a separate singing section is something that’s ever going to really work in league cup games against Albion Rovers, maybe we’ll see it again back when the league starts.

As for the Murray situation, and given the lack of available defenders, I’m almost at the point of hoping we’re going to spin the wheel of fortune on a continental European. Would be good if we could tick off another nationality to have played at the rovers. Though I suspect these kind of pot-luck signing are exactly what we’re trying to move away from.

Edited by Enigma

Why can't we utilise the Railway Stand for our disabled/wheelchair-user fans?

Build a platform,not unlike what they had for the TV last season. Would allow those fans to watch the game under cover and have a decent view, rather than below pitch level with no chance of keeping dry in inclemental weather 

1 hour ago, Langtounlaud said:

Why can't we utilise the Railway Stand for our disabled/wheelchair-user fans?

Build a platform,not unlike what they had for the TV last season. Would allow those fans to watch the game under cover and have a decent view, rather than below pitch level with no chance of keeping dry in inclemental weather 

It's not as easy as just building a platform, the facilities have to be available such as catering and toilets, the access has to be right etc as well. It would make for a better experience than down the front as they are now though.

For me, the railway stand was great back in the 90s before we got those monstrosities behind each goal. To see it essentially derelict is a shame. 

Got an email from the club last night, I'm assuming anyone signed up to the Rovers Digest email would have got it also, which included a survey about the matchday experience. A lot of emphasis on the singing section with one question being the preferred location so at least they're taking into account a possible move back to the SS if that's what people would rather. 

10 hours ago, 101 said:

Yes that would make total sense but to say it's being reviewed seems a bit hasty.

Not really, it was always just a trial, if it hadn’t been for us getting you in the cup I doubt they’d have given it a trial run this quickly.  I mean if you want a game to trial it in, a game against the Pars was the perfect one.  

Now they can take all the feedback and decide what to do before the first home league game in mid August.

Just back from my holidays and skimmed the past few pages of this thread. Euan Murray would make our squad better than what it is right now. I’d argue that Watson and Murray on paper could be an upgrade from Lang and Nolan too.

Absolute heads gone from anyone who doesn’t think we should sign him because he left at the end of a contract to play at in a higher division and get more security for himself years ago. Would welcome him back at Stark’s Park no problem. 

does anyone think we might see a few changes tonight? I think we might see Hamilton in for smith and he puts Gullan on the left and wouldn’t mind seeing Arnott get a run out in the MF, I would’ve put McGill in their but I depends if either Millen is fit or Masson starts at RB 

Edited by RRFC_Liam