The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

Murray is a very welcome addition and possibly more to come. Hope it's not an all or nothing season financially but trusting the new guys.

Murray (gaffer) said in his post match that he is still looking to add, another Defender and Midfielder… he did mention another forward but only if the right one becomes available 

Killie game should see us have Hamilton, Murray and potentially Ross back in the mix which would add some depth. I think there needs to be a bit of thought for bringing Ethan Ross back in given the mental aspect. If the Annan game ends up a bit of a dead rubber, then hopefully he can get a bit more game time to build up confidence. 

11 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

If the Annan game ends up a bit of a dead rubber, then hopefully he can get a bit more game time to build up confidence. 

If what Dunfermline fans are saying is true then I do worry about not just Ross but some other players as apparently Annan were quite 'industrial' shall we say. Crocked their golden boy last night. 

15 minutes ago, Raithie said:

If what Dunfermline fans are saying is true then I do worry about not just Ross but some other players as apparently Annan were quite 'industrial' shall we say. Crocked their golden boy last night. 

I caught one of their games a couple of years back and that doesn't sound to different to what I saw. The lad Goss was an absolute battering ram, but it'll be a good experience for either of Corr or Masson. Again, if it's a dead rubber, we should be heavily rotating in the small number of fringe players we have available for it. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

16 minutes ago, Raithie said:

To be fair, Todd went over awkwardly on his ankle, not 100% how much outside influence there was on the resulting injury as I didn't get a good look at it. 

They did put a number of heavy challenges in on the night though, left ones on quite a few others which look ok but could have gone worse. I'd be wary if I were you.

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I caught one of their games a couple of years back and that doesn't sound to different to what I saw. The lad Goss was an absolute battering ram, but it'll be a good experience for either of Corr or Masson. Again, if it's a dead rubber, we should be heavily rotating in the small number of fringe players we have available for it. 

I think Murray will play over Corr and Masson as I think Murray would want him upto speed when the league season starts even if it’s a dead rubber or not 

30 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Wasn't really a challenge that caused Todd's injury however left plenty on other players and were late into more than a few challenges.

It’ll be interesting to see who goes out on loan this season I reckon maybe McNeil just to get some first team experience and insert a recall clause incase one of Thomson or Dabrowski gets injured and I won’t be surprised to see Masson go out until January 

5 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think suggesting that we sign a lowland league striker on the basis of one 90 minute viewing is jumping the gun ever so slightly. 

Yea, I thought that was my role!

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

It’ll be interesting to see who goes out on loan this season I reckon maybe McNeil just to get some first team experience and insert a recall clause incase one of Thomson or Dabrowski gets injured and I won’t be surprised to see Masson go out until January 

With Murray, Watson, Dick and Corr all in front of him, if we get a LB in or another CB, Masson would seem a very odds on loan for playing time.

The third keeper is more difficult to loan out, and we’ve been bitten before at keeper.

Mitchell is the other possible loanee, but I think seeing Hamilton being healthy for several matches might be a prerequisite.

Looking at a few of the comments regarding last nights game , Not trying to make excuses but going from the high of playing in front of 4000 to a crowd of 1000 does make a difference also throw in poor finishing and some excellent goalkeeping the score may have well been a lot more , A wins a win so move onto the the next game .

39 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I have no issue with how last night went. We completely controlled the game and must have had around 80% possession. Albion were so compact that we were never going to get in behind or round the outside of them.

Arbroath's efforts tonight against Cowdenbeath put it in some perspective. 

Forgot to rate the steak pie last night, more a pulled beef with gravy than the previous effort, 7/10

I recall Stuarts used to do a corned beef and potato bridie, they were glorious.

Edited by Zen Archer (Raconteur)

58 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Anyone else on here watched that James English podcast with that scumbag if so, what’s your thoughts on it? 

Yeah I did, and as I expected, he argued his side of things very well. Before you’re won over though, you’d be better reading the judges verdict for a bit of balance! 

20 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

well. Before you’re won over though, you’d be better reading the judges verdict for a bit of balance! 

I ain’t won over though and I have read the judges verdict I wouldn’t ever change my thoughts on the guy so ain’t really won over is it 

25 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I ain’t won over though and I have read the judges verdict I wouldn’t ever change my thoughts on the guy so ain’t really won over is it 

I meant more people in general rather than you specifically