The New Raith Rovers Thread

On 22/07/2023 at 15:50, renton said:

Aye, I'm absolutely raging. Waited years for Annan away and it's looking pretty fucked for getting down there.

Designated driver?

Only 2 hours in the car. I was thinking of going and ticking off another ground, but birthday parties have now been overtaken by kids football and, a new one, kids open water swimming.

On 21/07/2023 at 17:06, Ex Machina said:

Reminds me of a St Johnstone top for some reason. Like the little details on it though. 

On 21/07/2023 at 17:36, Michael W said:

Sorry, that's a Cowdenbeath kit. 

Reminded me of a Morton away top, I think.

I quite like the away strip.

Last seasons home top was a cracker and is difficult to upstage. I bought that for me and the boy at the end of the season when they were discounted. I haven’t had it on once, not even on holiday, so buying football tops for myself is a bit of an extravagance, but I’ll likely get a top or a full strip for my son.

Looking forward to the season ahead!

Seems like the signing of a centre half has pacified everyone, eh? Not much news to report on this week. Wonder if we’ll see any loans in before the league campaign starts in a few weeks. Just really need cover for left back and maybe another option up front. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

14 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Seems like the signing of a centre half has pacified everyone, eh? Not much news to report on this week. Wonder if we’ll see any loans in before the league campaign starts in a few weeks. Just really need cover for left back and maybe another option up front. 

You'd expect so. We've not used our alloted signing from down south albeit they can be a hit or a miss. O'Riordan felt very much the exception given the they've varied from mediocre (Varion) to outright awful (Abraham). 

It wouldn't surprise me if we add another deep lying play maker. Kerr McInroy fits the bill and isn't getting a game for Killie. He also used to be a Pars season ticket which would no doubt prompt some comedy.

A spare full back for either side would be handy, I think Murray will wait and see with the loan market and a big factor there will be the injury situation with Matthews and to an extent Brown. Either of those being less than 100% and he'll go for another DM. That being said  can McGill or Arnott offer something better than Stanton who has had to fill in. 

Edited by pub car king

I’d almost forgotten about Ethon Varian! What a strange player he was. As a target man he had every attribute you’d want. Strong, reasonably quick, good touch etc… he just couldn’t score! A quick wiki search shows he still hasn’t been able to sort that side of his game out yet either.

13 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Strapp had a bit of an injury if I remember correctly before the season ended. Jordan Marshall I believe still available too after leaving Dundee - would take either of them. 

Matthew Shiels as well. Strapp, as talked about in the Morton thread has been linked with St. Mirren, though some are now debating his ability to play at that level. For me, watching him when he played at Starks, he's got a good throw, decent cross but is pretty slow and poor defensively. He's also an angry wee man on the pitch (not sure if thats good or bad)

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Matthew Shiels as well. Strapp, as talked about in the Morton thread has been linked with St. Mirren, though some are now debating his ability to play at that level. For me, watching him when he played at Starks, he's got a good throw, decent cross but is pretty slow and poor defensively. He's also an angry wee man on the pitch (not sure if thats good or bad)

Agree. I wouldn't be interested in Strapp. Also encourages the team to become one dimensional at throw-ins in attacking half.

But mainly, I just don't think he's very good.