The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I now realise what you meant yesterday. I thought you were saying that my summation of the strip being accurately sized was bollocks and that you’d ordered at least 1 size up and might have to change it, rather than you were annoyed about it being accurately sized, and that yours had yet to arrive. I did wonder why you appeared so confrontational about a strip size 🤣

Sorry if I appeared confrontational, definitely not my intention, it's big but I fucking love it 😍🤣

8 hours ago, Raithie said:

1600 season tickets sold, our highest tally in 10 years. Fair play.

Great to see, interesting to know how this compares to other clubs in the division. Club are certainly doing something’s right just now with improved social media, popular shirts and a bit more interest in the local area. Now we just need the team to have a good season. 

5 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Great to see, interesting to know how this compares to other clubs in the division. Club are certainly doing something’s right just now with improved social media, popular shirts and a bit more interest in the local area. Now we just need the team to have a good season. 

Obviously Dundee United will be well ahead, and the Pars and Partick are at least a couple of thousand ahead. Other than that I'd expect we're somewhat similar to Ayr and Caley, with higher sales than Airdrie, Morton and Queens Park. Arbroath had quite a big uptick over the last few seasons but I've no idea if that will tail off if they've crested the wave of their time a couple of seasons ago. 

Has the club ever done in-house printing on new shirts? Back in the mists of time I had my name on the back of a Fife College sponsored effort, but that might've been done somewhere on the High Street. 

It seems like a potential revenue stream. It's not going to make millions, but you could add a tenner or so to a good few jerseys. 

12 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Has the club ever done in-house printing on new shirts? Back in the mists of time I had my name on the back of a Fife College sponsored effort, but that might've been done somewhere on the High Street. 

It seems like a potential revenue stream. It's not going to make millions, but you could add a tenner or so to a good few jerseys. 

There was a fair few wee guys with names on the back of their tops at the open day, couldn't tell you if the club shop done that or they got it done elsewhere though

5 hours ago, Bay Citizen said:

Any good?  We’ve got Sam Ramsbottom at the minute so should be first choice.

Won a cup game via a penalty shoot out save, as I recall. Looked competent in very limited play.

So, Annan, a need to do well to possibly advance, but also a need to play some players and perhaps rest a couple. I’d say leave Gullan and perhaps Stanton out. Maybe:

Masson/Watson/Corr/Dick

Easton/McGill

Mullin/Easton/Vaughan

Smith

After the half; Hamilton for Smith, Murray for Watson or Corr and perhaps Mitchell for either Mullin or Vaughan.

14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

So, Annan, a need to do well to possibly advance, but also a need to play some players and perhaps rest a couple. I’d say leave Gullan and perhaps Stanton out. Maybe:

Masson/Watson/Corr/Dick

Easton/McGill

Mullin/Easton/Vaughan

Smith

After the half; Hamilton for Smith, Murray for Watson or Corr and perhaps Mitchell for either Mullin or Vaughan.

You've got two Easton's in there.... 

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think Arbroath ate about 750 down on last year. Not surprising really, given that they had their best season in their history 2 years ago followed by a season with 3 home wins the following. 

While it's nowhere near the situation, it reminds me of Stirling back in 2006/07. They were clearly the second best team in the league, but they had a few fans who would post on here regularly giving it big licks over us. When they disappeared back to being a mediocre diddy team, they completely disappeared off for here. Even in the playoffs they filled up a fair bit of the north stand. 

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Masson/Watson/Corr/Dick

Easton/McGill

Mullin/Easton/Vaughan

Smith

We've just outplayed Killie and had a huge amount of praise both in the media and from their manager about how well we did. I've absolutely no idea why we'd be resting anybody given that the season has just started and we have a good opportunity (as you say) to progress to the next round. Keep the same team as we had on Wednesday, the lads should all be fresh enough unless anyone has picked up knocks. Go in and attempt to absolutely batter an Annan team who have nothing to play for. If we can get through, it's extra money in the bank.

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

While it's nowhere near the situation, it reminds me of Stirling back in 2006/07. They were clearly the second best team in the league, but they had a few fans who would post on here regularly giving it big licks over us. When they disappeared back to being a mediocre diddy team, they completely disappeared off for here. Even in the playoffs they filled up a fair bit of the north stand. 

We've just outplayed Killie and had a huge amount of praise both in the media and from their manager about how well we did. I've absolutely no idea why we'd be resting anybody given that the season has just started and we have a good opportunity (as you say) to progress to the next round. Keep the same team as we had on Wednesday, the lads should all be fresh enough unless anyone has picked up knocks. Go in and attempt to absolutely batter an Annan team who have nothing to play for. If we can get through, it's extra money in the bank.

Because Gullan just limped off with a possible ankle knock and Stanton is also on a nicked ankle? I’m not suggesting the rest for rests sake, but for keeping them healthy throughout the season. If a player takes a knock, you have to be pragmatic about it. The player is likely to downplay any injury, it’s the nature of the athlete and the game. Gullan has a nasty track record of missing time with injuries, so I’m really be hesitant to play him from the start. Stanton has been very important to us, and is our real cover until Brown and Matthews get back, so I’d err on the side of caution here again.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Masson/Watson/Corr/Dick

Easton/McGill

Mullin/Easton/Vaughan

Smith

We will go 4132 I can’t see Masson playing as there’s nothing suggesting he will because not played any of cup games so why Now when there’s a chance to qualify? 

if there is any changes it might be Murray in CH and Maybe Jack up top and he puts Gullan on the bench that’s it really