The New Raith Rovers Thread

Could be about 9-4 here. 

The big source of solace for the Rovers will be creating a barrowload of chances into this wind. You'd think they'd be able to do it again when every Annan clearance is going to fall 25 yards shorter.

Our "It'll all be fine with Jack Hamilton" views look increasingly to be based on sheer hope rather than any sort of evidence. Very early days but he's not been the battering ram focal point I was hoping for any time I've seen him so far. We'll see how he gets on in this second half when presumably we'll be getting a few more crosses into him. 

I'd also be getting Euan Murray on for his aerial presence at set pieces alone. 

Just now, Raith Against The Machine said:

Could be about 9-4 here. 

The big source of solace for the Rovers will be creating a barrowload of chances into this wind. You'd think they'd be able to do it again when every Annan clearance is going to fall 25 yards shorter.

Our "It'll all be fine with Jack Hamilton" views look increasingly to be based on sheer hope rather than any sort of evidence. Very early days but he's not been the battering ram focal point I was hoping for any time I've seen him so far. We'll see how he gets on in this second half when presumably we'll be getting a few more crosses into him. 

It's early days with Hamilton of course as he gets himself up to speed and gets accustomed to our way of playing that he has to adapt to. Other than the header off the post, I don't think his name has been mentioned too often in commentary so far. Need more accuracy, work rate and a good delivery this half. 

3 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Could be about 9-4 here. 

Surely you could say the evidence was the fact he scored a fair few goals for Arbroath at level? 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

Not much chance of getting through now but for the purposes of momentum it would be good to going into next week with a win. 

If we manage a win we are currently the 3rd qualifying team in second place awaiting the Dundee match tommorow. 

1 minute ago, keyser_soze said:

Annan's stream is starting to on my tits now, and if their 'commentator' says "that's a free kick referee" one more time I may well smash my computer monitor 🤣

I think if we get a last minute winner he'll go full Henry Sellers from father ted.

1 minute ago, keyser_soze said:

Annan's stream is starting to on my tits now, and if their 'commentator' says "that's a free kick referee" one more time I may well smash my computer monitor 🤣

On the plus side he seems to have got over his cough at half time.