The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, foreverarover said:

I'm sorry but that was utter pish. We should have qualified from this group without having to worry about Dundee tommorow. Conceded goals today are criminal. Players in the last few minutes wandering of the park at walking pace. Dues the idiot of a manger not know we really needed a couple of more goals. 

Shut up man. Imagine being this dense. 

1 minute ago, foreverarover said:

I'm sorry but that was utter pish. We should have qualified from this group without having to worry about Dundee tommorow. Conceded goals today are criminal. Players in the last few minutes wandering of the park at walking pace. Dues the idiot of a manger not know we really needed a couple of more goals. 

Alright foreveramoaner, maybe finish pishing your trousers before trying to type a coherent couple of sentences next time? The state of this.🤣

3 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

I'm sorry but that was utter pish. We should have qualified from this group without having to worry about Dundee tommorow. Conceded goals today are criminal. Players in the last few minutes wandering of the park at walking pace. Dues the idiot of a manger not know we really needed a couple of more goals

It was blatantly obvious that the team were really trying to add to the goal difference, really no idea where you've got that from.

There's plenty to work on, and there's a wee bit of pressure and expectation building on the manager, but resorting to name calling in July is a bit much.

The first goal Annan scored was poor defending from us. The second Annan goal was a great finish. We managed to come back and win. Ideally we’d have won by more, but we didn’t. C’est la vie.

It’s early in the season and some key players are missing. If we get through to the knock out stages great, if not, I’m not going to be too bothered.

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

We were always going to struggle to win by a few. The Albion Rovers game was all the evidence you needed for that. Unfortunately we seem to need at least 5 clear cut chances for every goal we score. 

That's about it in a nutshell, 22 shots and only 9 on target   

I'd say that Albion Rovers were harder to break down and looked more organised than Annan. We really should have been 3 up before Corr sold the jersey and we collapsed on our arse but that's the game really. 

13 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Honestly, Annan getting so many players booked for moaning about the penalty is a fucking riddy. It happened about 6 yards in front of me. The boy barged Liam Dick in the back clear as day. 

Should have won by 5 or 6 on balance of play and chances created. Imagine that will cost us. 

I think every team can probably point back to 'what if' moments in this tournament. In the first game, Mehmet had a couple of ridiculous saves to keep it level, and then we lose the bonus point on penalties. Similarly, the Albion Rovers keeper made some excellent saves, and we were unfortunate to not get 3 points against Killie. Even in the league cup thread there's Forfar fans greeting that it's not fair that they're out and we might get through. 

Overall, it's been a good campaign if it ends here. We've added another centre back and played most games with a very limited bench. Still plenty of work to be done, but if we can fix out the silly errors at the back, and get the front line working coherently we'll have a very good squad. 

I'm encouraged that we've went through unbeaten, and won the 2 games we "should" have.

My concern is that we haven't seen any real evidence of a fundamental shift in the real issues we had vs last season.  To only score 5 goals combined against Albion Rovers and Annan, when you look at the chances created, is pretty concerning - as is the manner of the first goal conceded today.

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

I'm encouraged that we've went through unbeaten, and won the 2 games we "should" have.

My concern is that we haven't seen any real evidence of a fundamental shift in the real issues we had vs last season.  To only score 5 goals combined against Albion Rovers and Annan, when you look at the chances created, is pretty concerning - as is the manner of the first goal conceded today.

My issue is that we've a lot of 'maverick' type players in that front line, and in the current formation we're playing losing the ball means that there's a very high likelihood of the opposition creating a good opportunity up the other end. Throw in that we're liable to overplaying it, then we're really at the mercy waiting until Scott Brown gets back to full fitness. 

22 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Undefeated in 90 minutes for 4 games and you think Murray is an idiot - give yourself a fucking good shake and change the nappy you twat

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

If you want to clutch at some kind of straw, I'd say from something like an xG position we've improved. Wasn't a case of a lot of good approach play and hoping for a worldy.

The high press is decent, mullin's crossing is really good.