The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

Just watched the Morton highlights, that snare drum might add "atmosphere" but makes viewing an absolute chore. 

Think I've been left with tinnitus!! 

Was a young school aged laddie who goes to the Community Foundation camps that my son goes to as well that was on the drum, interestingly one of the Community Foundation coaches was telling him to belt up before the teams came out and tried to politely tell him to try and keep a beat. Unfortunately the Railway Stand was a damp squib on Saturday, it'll certainly be one of those 'depending on who we play' on whether any atmosphere will be generated. A complete morgue in comparison to the Dunfermline game. Noticed there was a drum in the South Stand as well on Saturday. Railway Stand has it's perks, pie stall is deed, view is great...that's about it 😆

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

From the outside, it looked more like a Kids Club than a singing section on Saturday. 

I really don't want to be negative, but I can't help but think it's a rare miss from the new regime. 

The Community Foundation were doing a group gathering thing where all the kids could meet up before the game and go into the ground together, they plumped for Railway Stand. Was getting worried I was the oldest in there until a few older heads turned up...I'd imagine purely for the vantage point 😜

Can I just mention how happy I am that we scored a goal from a low cross inside the 6 yard line with a tap in.

Last season we rarely managed to get the ball into that situation, and it's not like we had the forwards to exploit it. Last season we relied so much on scoring absolute worldies that Easton should have had his own category in Goal of the Season.

In the last two games we've scored goals from getting the ball down the channel into dangerous areas of the box, then finding bodies central in the box.

52 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

From the outside, it looked more like a Kids Club than a singing section on Saturday. 

I really don't want to be negative, but I can't help but think it's a rare miss from the new regime. 

The club tried to do a hell of a lot last week.  Season tickets weren't finalised, Hibs tickets on sale etc - not to mention trying to flog new season tickets.

Could well be they've just tried to do too much in a short space of time.

On the highlights.

First off, Raith TV and all the folks involved do an unreal job - so grateful and appreciative of all the work!

On the comms/no comms - I can see it both ways. My preference is no comms (for the crowd noise).

One wee thing I would really enjoy seeing is a little more of the celebrations after a win. There was a couple of really good minutes at FT (couple of songs, freed from desire and then the players and Murray connecting) - a wee 30 seconds of the high points from celebrations after a win would be great viewing (and is good PR!). If the folks at Raith TV think it a good idea and its easily done, it would be great to see!

Quite like the idea of the railway stand being a family area. Singing section near main stand maybe the full end section should have been explored. 

Throw in face painter etc and it could be great for the wee ones. 

Its a matter of time till we get a last minute derby or big cup win/loss and there are scenes on the pitch. 

1 minute ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

On the highlights.

First off, Raith TV and all the folks involved do an unreal job - so grateful and appreciative of all the work!

On the comms/no comms - I can see it both ways. My preference is no comms (for the crowd noise).

One wee thing I would really enjoy seeing is a little more of the celebrations after a win. There was a couple of really good minutes at FT (couple of songs, freed from desire and then the players and Murray connecting) - a wee 30 seconds of the high points from celebrations after a win would be great viewing (and is good PR!). If the folks at Raith TV think it a good idea and its easily done, it would be great to see!

I have it in my head that there are some limits on highlights…something like 12 minutes and not posted before midnight during the League season…but I may be imagining it.

Dug into the rules, and the midnight rule is I14…can’t find a time limit in there.

I think Davie is spot-on with his reading of the situation. 

Comms intended for listeners rather than viewers can sometimes sound a bit odd when they are put with pictures. 
And comms from a live broadcast can sometimes sound a bit odd when edited into highlights. 

However where Davie gets it wrong is his opinion on his own talents- his live broadcast audio descriptions actually translate pretty well to video highlights so he doesn’t have to fear that he sounds disrespectful or anything like that. 
My preference is for no comms on highlights so it’s good to hear that they will continue with that approach but the comms on the last couple of videos certainly haven’t spoiled them and it was good to hear the unbiased analysis of, for example, Vaughans penalty award. 

While we are on the subject I’d just like to add (because I don’t think it’s said enough) how much I enjoy Davies interviews. 
If you told me he’d trained to be a journalist I’d believe you. 
Most club media guys rattle through a list of predetermined questions. 

Davie has obviously got a pre-prepared list of questions he wants to ask but he’s got that rare ability to really listen to what the interviewee is saying and relate his next question back to the answer so that the interview flows like a conversation.

It’s a rare skill in someone who is not a professional journalist and a really big part of what makes Raith TV so great. 

Well done to all of Raith TV for their fantastic content but a particular pat-on-the-back for Davie Hancock for being such a fantastic “voice of Raith TV”. 

2 hours ago, stevoraith said:

I think Davie is spot-on with his reading of the situation. 

Comms intended for listeners rather than viewers can sometimes sound a bit odd when they are put with pictures. 
And comms from a live broadcast can sometimes sound a bit odd when edited into highlights. 

However where Davie gets it wrong is his opinion on his own talents- his live broadcast audio descriptions actually translate pretty well to video highlights so he doesn’t have to fear that he sounds disrespectful or anything like that. 
My preference is for no comms on highlights so it’s good to hear that they will continue with that approach but the comms on the last couple of videos certainly haven’t spoiled them and it was good to hear the unbiased analysis of, for example, Vaughans penalty award. 

While we are on the subject I’d just like to add (because I don’t think it’s said enough) how much I enjoy Davies interviews. 
If you told me he’d trained to be a journalist I’d believe you. 
Most club media guys rattle through a list of predetermined questions. 

Davie has obviously got a pre-prepared list of questions he wants to ask but he’s got that rare ability to really listen to what the interviewee is saying and relate his next question back to the answer so that the interview flows like a conversation.

It’s a rare skill in someone who is not a professional journalist and a really big part of what makes Raith TV so great. 

Well done to all of Raith TV for their fantastic content but a particular pat-on-the-back for Davie Hancock for being such a fantastic “voice of Raith TV”. 

Bang on stevo

oh and another for no comm on highlights

Edited by Rovers_Lad