The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Aye, I'm the row in front of them. Got talking to them over the years and they're brand new. It's trite to say but they've been all over Scotland for his games so it's great to see. 

What a feeling it must be to suddenly be playing alongside the team you've spent your Saturday's going along to support, in particular the likes of Vaughan and Matthews who he'll have grown up idolising. 

5 hours ago, Raithie said:

Callum Hannah. From KDY & Dysart FC formally YM.

Saw him play for us last year, looked fine at U18 level but our team was pretty strong and I think he was only involved in a handful of games for us. Has obviously played a lot more down the ranks will be interesting to see how he develops back in the full time set up.

19 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

St Johnstone are trying to get shot of Callum Booth. The missing piece for our defence? 

We've got a special deal on where if you take Booth we'll give you Ali Crawford for free too, dont miss out!

27 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

St Johnstone are trying to get shot of Callum Booth. The missing piece for our defence? 

19 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

YES! 

Let’s check the data…

Left Back ☑️

Free to leave from old club ☑️

Quality player ☑️

Experienced player ☑️

Spent nearly two years on injured list ☑️

Classic Rovers choice ☑️

Classic Rovers management still present 🟥

IDK, recovering from the classic “groin injury” is on point for Rovers, but seems a wee bit risky at this end of his career.🤷🏻‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Sensible move for all involved. He's less likely to get a look in with Gullan back fit and needs as much game time as possible. I'd expect we'll be able to recall him if necessary.

I'd have sent gullan out on loan and kept Mitchell, but that's just me. 

Good move for Mitchell to get much needed game time to support his development but would like to hope there's another striker being lined up. Will need a backup/replacement for Hamilton when he can't play and as much as Gullan has done decent in preseason when he was fit, I'd prefer another option with more of a presence up top.