The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, SerieA said:

At Eastend Park?

Nope.  Its now the Nou KDM World Class Big City Arena.  Please be more accurate when describing the assets of our far superior and bigger rivals. :D :D 
I hope to hell if it is there, we DONT get the home end.  But if the esspeeeffell has anything to do with anything....

Re: the cup draw, I'm relatively happy with it.  Easy to get to with the option of the wife going shopping to ensure less moaning about going to another game.  They're not exactly playing well at the moment and it's their first game back after the winter break so they won't be match sharp either.  As others have noted, it's a great chance to test ourselves against the level of team we'd be up against in the playoff if we end up in it.  Finally, anyone who wants to go will get a ticket and there's a really decent chance of us outnumbering them in their own ground.

2 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Nope.  Its now the Nou KDM World Class Big City Arena.  Please be more accurate when describing the assets of our far superior and bigger rivals. :D :D 
I hope to hell if it is there, we DONT get the home end.  But if the esspeeeffell has anything to do with anything....

Said it before but if it comes to pass the police will be asking for our fans to be in the away end and Falkirk in the home end. That way the vast majority of fans won't need to be passing each other. We'll be coming mainly from the east side. They're coming mainly from the west side. However, we are nowhere near that scenario yet.

2 minutes ago, embow said:

Said it before but if it comes to pass the police will be asking for our fans to be in the away end and Falkirk in the home end. That way the vast majority of fans won't need to be passing each other. We'll be coming mainly from the east side. They're coming mainly from the west side. However, we are nowhere near that scenario yet.

The powers that be would hold it in Livingston, which would suit them, but make it much less fun for the fans.

The powers that be would hold it in Livingston, which would suit them, but make it much less fun for the fans.

Common sense never prevails with Fife Polis or the SPFL.

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

FTFY, they got a wee bit loquacious after that win.

A man's got to have an impassioned monologue about how much he loves Lewis Vaughan from time to time, Tx. 

5 hours ago, Raithie said:

I concur. The Podcast has been fantastic with great pacing, discussions and humour. It's also very engaging, the hour or so just flies in.

22 hours ago, grumswall said:

Really enjoying the podcast and it makes the morning commute more bearable so keep up the good work with it. 

Fair play to Iain greive offering up his services also. 

The feedback we've had has been fantastic - as ever if anyone's got any suggestions then by all means feel free to chuck me a DM and our group can talk them over.

It's very much a case of 'standing on the shoulders of giants' on the back of K107. The support we've had from fellow supporters, especially everyone involved at RaithTV has been invaluable. It's been great to see both people involved, and people on social media sharing their experiences. @Kuma Power in particular comes out with some particularly creative stuff, but everyone that's been involved so far has been excellent. When we first started talking about putting it together, for me I listen to podcasts when I'm out walking and I've found they're excellent for just taking a bit of time out your day to listen to something you're interested in. If our podcast can do that whether it's people in that situation, or people maybe going through a bit of a rougher time (even if it's just one person) then personally I'll be happy. 

15 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

It's a shame that it's necessary to issue a statement like this, but it had to be done.

The only bit I'd disagree with is "advised" not to bring pyrotechnics. I'd have used "strictly forbidden" to leave them in no uncertain terms.

I still can't understand the point of stewards frisking everyone on the way in then standing watching while folk hold them for a good few seconds before chucking them.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

A man's got to have an impassioned monologue about how much he loves Lewis Vaughan from time to time, Tx. 

The feedback we've had has been fantastic - as ever if anyone's got any suggestions then by all means feel free to chuck me a DM and our group can talk them over.

It's very much a case of 'standing on the shoulders of giants' on the back of K107. The support we've had from fellow supporters, especially everyone involved at RaithTV has been invaluable. It's been great to see both people involved, and people on social media sharing their experiences. @Kuma Power in particular comes out with some particularly creative stuff, but everyone that's been involved so far has been excellent. When we first started talking about putting it together, for me I listen to podcasts when I'm out walking and I've found they're excellent for just taking a bit of time out your day to listen to something you're interested in. If our podcast can do that whether it's people in that situation, or people maybe going through a bit of a rougher time (even if it's just one person) then personally I'll be happy. 

Rewatching that podcast, I sincerely would love to see Big Kev rock that keeper shirt Duncan has on!

Just now, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Rarely use Twitter.. where do I need to search 👀 

Just go onto the Rovers Twitter and have a gander at the comments under the Inside Matchday video. A number of Dunfermline fans getting very upset. 

Not so sure the club statement on pyrotechnics will make much of a difference in the short term anyway.Its not as rife at clubs as it was and no doubt will fizzle out

As far as potential sanctions go,to my knowledge there has been no club in Scotland that have been subjected to any sanctions but if I,m correct there is no strict liability for supporters behaviour in Scotland