The New Raith Rovers Thread

21 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It's completely unsurprising that there's rumours in the United fans they're skint yet looking to bring in Simon Murray (who is still getting game time for County). 

As for us, it's a statement full of realism from Barrowman. Far too many people think no news means we're sleeping on the job. More than happy to see who Murray and Potter have in mind. 

What’s your thoughts on the possible contract renewals part are you on the side of more belief most of the players mentioned sign new deals or still on the caution side? 

31 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

What’s your thoughts on the possible contract renewals part are you on the side of more belief most of the players mentioned sign new deals or still on the caution side? 

Football's a short career. You're unlikely to find any player who will sign a deal right away when they might be able to make a bit of extra money. But there are more than a few lads in that dressing room who have been in the press saying that this is the most that they've been enjoying their football. As Barrowman said after the match on Saturday: it's not a run of form - it's a movement. It'll come naturally as he's said - there's absolutely no need for the club to rush any announcements or updates right now. We're guaranteed top at Christmas and in all my time following the club since the late 90s I've never seen the players, fan base and board as united as they are now. The club sells itself at the moment for players who want to play. 

56 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I would be astounded if Scott Tiffoney signed for you. Ultimately, he’s not playing for Dundee because he doesn’t quite suit their (currently successful) system rather than a lack of quality, so if they loan him out I could see him getting another bottom six side no bother. He’s more than proven himself in this division.

Would be some statement signing but 

I don’t think we’ll sign Tiffoney either but if he was to leave Dundee on loan in January I would be very surprised if it was to a bottom 6 side in the top flight. Despite having games in hand to get into the top 6, they are only 5 points clear of 11th, they’d be foolish to help out any of the teams below them.

28 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I don’t think we’ll sign Tiffoney either but if he was to leave Dundee on loan in January I would be very surprised if it was to a bottom 6 side in the top flight. Despite having games in hand to get into the top 6, they are only 5 points clear of 11th, they’d be foolish to help out any of the teams below them.

Depends on what else they can get out of it. I mean, Lamie is on loan to them from Motherwell, Dundee United sent Tony Watt to St Mirren last season - it’s not exactly unheard of. 

4 hours ago, Enigma said:

I still have the fear from our January window the last time we were going for a title challenge in this division. The pars signed Kevin Rutkiewicz and “Big Mad Mental” Peeping Tom (on a director’s credit card if you believe one story I heard) and we tried to match that with Kevin McBride, who’s being pish for us once wasn’t enough so he returned as assistant to Yogi to relegate us. I'm sure we’ll do better this time around! 

The last time we were in the title mix in this league come January we signed David Goodwillie.

11 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I see the Courier is highlighting our out of contract players, kinda the last thing we need      

It’s not news though, is it? It’s not like Craig Levein is reading The Courier and finding out for the first time that Dylan Easton is out of contract. 

56 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It’s not news though, is it? It’s not like Craig Levein is reading The Courier and finding out for the first time that Dylan Easton is out of contract. 

Take it Craig Levein was the first manager to pop into your head?🤣🤣 but these recruitment teams would have a website with players on them and their contract expiry dates on them as well most likely 

15 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I see the Courier is highlighting our out of contract players, kinda the last thing we need      

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

2 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Take it Craig Levein was the first manager to pop into your head?🤣🤣 but these recruitment teams would have a website with players on them and their contract expiry dates on them as well most likely 

They got the teamtalk thread on FanTalk for that, guilty.