The New Raith Rovers Thread

38 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Couple reasons about not announcing injuries - 

- managing expectations, we can already see the issue with Watson and not knowing when he’ll be back so why add fuel to the fire people are already starting about when players are due back. 
- Tactics, if we start saying player X, Y and Z are unavailable then other teams will use that to their advantage.  The less the opposition know about us the better 

I think it's mostly this and in all honesty I'm for it. We used to be horrendous for people leaking team lines a few years back. I'd far rather it was tighter knit.

Edited by Broken Algorithms

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I think it's mostly this and in all honesty I'm for it. We used to be horrendous for people leaking team lines a few years back. I'd far rather it was tighter knit.

I’m sure there was someone on FanTalk that posted the line up the day before the games ? Then someone else started to say Laurie Ellis would check this when he was at Dundee Utd 

15 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

I’m sure there was someone on FanTalk that posted the line up the day before the games ? Then someone else started to say Laurie Ellis would check this when he was at Dundee Utd 

Aye, that sounds right! Leaks are inevitable at a club like ourselves, but ideally stuff like that needs to be minimised. Coincidentally, it probably helps we're on a good run of form. 

28 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Aye, I mind that. Was the exact line up as well. Irony was, we beat them 2-1.

39 minutes ago, Rovers2017 said:

Anyone else receive the infograph about last month's retail sales? Encouraging stuff and I'm also glad to hear that the Club 1883 funds are helping to provide the players with better gym equipment. 

Yeah really interesting infographic and nice to hear what the 1883 money is being spent on. Makes it feel appreciated having such updates.

Need them to release more whisky asap though as missed out.

32 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Yeah really interesting infographic and nice to hear what the 1883 money is being spent on. Makes it feel appreciated having such updates.

Need them to release more whisky asap though as missed out.

I wish I had the money at the time for it! Have to say I'm excited to see what other merch they have planned. 

The interesting thing I got from the infographic is the worst numbers were matches were still 40-45. I was trying to verify the matches to see why, but this crappy hotel WiFi and the poor phone signal mean it keeps refusing to load it.

Who’s picking me up tomorrow?

…just kidding, gonna put my fate in Scotrail’s hands.

54 minutes ago, TxRover said:

…just kidding, gonna put my fate in Scotrail’s hands.

This is where it will fall down, I'm sure there's a bus that will get you to Fife just as a contingency. 

Enjoy your day and hopefully another win to see out the year 

10 hours ago, Oberon43 said:

I do hope you’re not a jinx TX 😱

You and me both.

10 hours ago, pub car king said:

This is where it will fall down, I'm sure there's a bus that will get you to Fife just as a contingency. 

Enjoy your day and hopefully another win to see out the year 

Amazingly, working exactly as advertised…ta.

The conductor is making the run to Aberdeen before Perth then back for the game…HE “hopes”. Which just confirms my experience is not normal.

40 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Team selection today suggests that O’Reilly will be staying-think Corr would’ve started if he was offski 

Be daft not to offer him something, I haven’t heard anything about any new defenders coming through. Last Fridays game was a defensive shambles, let’s hope we tighten up big time.