The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 hours ago, Jilted John said:

I’m a wee bit disappointed with the uptake tbh. For a game just along the road when most people are off work, I thought there would have been more sold. I think the last two results have put a few off by the looks of things.

Quite a lot of Covid / flu / other bugs going about. My family are ill at the minute. If the game is available on PPV I’ll buy it and watch on there.

If Dan's contract finished yesterday and he's now a free agent, can he be played as a trialist against the Pars until a decision is made, by either party, as to what the future is going to be?

1 minute ago, embow said:

If Dan's contract finished yesterday and he's now a free agent, can he be played as a trialist against the Pars until a decision is made, by either party, as to what the future is going to be?

Apparently his contract is up after the weekend I’m sure him and David Wotherspoon signed the same time and I think his contract is up next week  could be wrong though 

16 minutes ago, embow said:

No trialists in the top two divisions. 

4 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Erm you didn’t just type that thinking 3/4 could play in the premiership I’d put the sherry down mate McGeady is in his Final Knockings, Dowds no near a premiership forward quality and Chalmers has never done it in that league all of his loans had been championship maybe this is his level as well 🤷‍♂️

Erm, Dowds and Chalmers had us on toast. Bullen subbed them off stupidly. Our defence is fucking rancid😡

14 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Erm, Dowds and Chalmers had us on toast. Bullen subbed them off stupidly. Our defence is fucking rancid😡

1 game mate come on IF we go up both ain’t good enough to play at that level or they’d be there already he’s had 3 loans in the championship and 1 in league 2 don’t get me wrong good player…. but I don’t think he’s premiership standard just yet and dowds this is probably his max level and won’t fit our system in how we play I’m not basing signing players off one game against us but that’s just me though 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

No trialists in the top two divisions. 

Not sure you’re correct there. The comma seems to suggest the April 1 deadline applies to the Championship.

IMG_0711.thumb.jpeg.58163b7ce7707cc8d964fbba298be0ee.jpeg

Regardless, we’re just not sure: “The club have today completed the signing of defender Daniel O’Reilly – a free agent – on a deal until January 2024.” Now until suggests the contract ended 31/12/2024…but can be read as sometime in January.

Edited by TxRover

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

1 game mate come on IF we go up both ain’t good enough to play at that level or they’d be there already he’s had 3 loans in the championship and 1 in league 2 don’t get me wrong good player…. but I don’t think he’s premiership standard just yet and dowds this is probably his max level and won’t fit our system in how we play I’m not basing signing players off one game against us but that’s just me though 

Dowds seems to be a good second striker, not a pure 9. He’s good at connecting and passing, but his finishing is a little weaker. Either way, suggesting he’d be playing in the Premiership next year seems a bit optimistic.

For amusement, while looking through some maps...Stark's Park, 1913. Note the old stand plus embankments:

Screenshot2024-01-01214853.thumb.png.7e6f0a574d74a08f646250f5b4afbc5b.png

1894, no embankments or stand at all, just a pitch. The open space in the SE Corner of Beveridge Park would have been the old pitch:

Screenshot2024-01-01215349.thumb.png.53b6d9f43f4a4304afa2b57182141777.png

1855, open space and a mire where Beveridge Park is:

Screenshot2024-01-01215249.thumb.png.91dda648eac222c9b9fa2026802fc745.png

25 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Dundee game off again, time to get rid of grass pitches in the Premiership.

On that, see since we got our pitch installed, how many games have we had called off because of the surface? 

15 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Sorry man, it’s just because Vaughan scored a great hat trick and to only come away with a single point had him and a lot of us rattled that we couldn’t do the basics at the back. 

Edited by Stardog_champion

Hopefully there is a deeper reason, but the last three games leave me concerned about IM’s current approach:

Ayr, fails to adapt to the loss of Stanton and the way the midfield was run over..

Arbroath, fails to adjust to missing Stanton and Byrne, and the way the midfield was run over.

Pars, insists on playing an obviously injured keeper, when we have two others available. Also fails to make any change for the last 30 minutes as the midfield is, again, being run over.

IM has earned some leash, but I just hope there is something that explains this besides sheer stubbornness.

Concerns: Did we just lengthen the time Kev needs off? Is Broonie injured? How is Jack? Is Dylan's back acting up again?