The New Raith Rovers Thread

That was a tremendous evening. Almost punched my ceiling light out celebrating the winner. An absolutely fantastic moment after a crap couple of months. 

I don't think that game was a "must win" as we could've coped staying 4 points back. It's distance that cannot be overcome in a single fixture round, but it would've kept us in it. 7 points back would've been a total disaster and would signal the end of our title challenge. Six defeats on the bounce and also would give Partick the opportunity to start really putting pressure on us. A prolonged battle to keep ourselves out of the first round playoff fixture realky isn't where we want to end up. From that perspective it was "must not lose". 

And we didn't. We won. Suddenly the gap is one point again and we are right back in it despite a woeful run of form. Stick a couple of wins together again and who knows what will happen? 

We needed that. Football, eh? Bloody hell. 

I think my favourite reaction from a Dundee Utd fan post game was on Twitter/X, where it was suggested that the ball wouldn't have sat up as well for Brown to strike if the game had been played on grass. It's almost as if, I don't know, the pitch contributed to a better spectacle.

12 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Reasonable set of results today after a great result last night, keep it up now

Yeah to come out of this weekend having cut United's lead at the top while also extending the gap on everyone below us is a huge bonus. 

4 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Surely it should be Frank Conno(e)r? 

Where is he anyway? Has he gone on hiatus because we’re actually decent these days? 🤣

Don't think he's posted at all since the end of last season. Maybe a former board member? Maybe a complete joke? No idea. 

18 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Surely it should be Frank Conno(e)r? 

Where is he anyway? Has he gone on hiatus because we’re actually decent these days? 🤣

There's quite a few posters who only seem to appear when things are going badly but then disappear as soon as things are going well.  Seems a bit weird to me but I guess it's more cathartic to have a rant about stuff when it's going badly than just posting about how much you love what's going on at the club when things are going well.

On the theme of missing past posters, where's the steak pie man and his lawyer these days? Being serious, I hope that he's still around even although he's not been seen here for quite some time. Anyone?

4 hours ago, SanStarko said:

There's quite a few posters who only seem to appear when things are going badly but then disappear as soon as things are going well.  Seems a bit weird to me but I guess it's more cathartic to have a rant about stuff when it's going badly than just posting about how much you love what's going on at the club when things are going well.

Yeah I’d agree with this. Much easier to come straight on here after we’ve played pish and go off on one. Rather than when you win. Only so much you can type up when you’ve won. 

Brown’s goal completely changes the dynamic last night (obviously) If the game finished as a draw, then it’s a bit meh, a bit forgettable. No better feeling than a late winner. Just what the doctor ordered.