The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 minutes ago, David McGurns Left Glove said:

A lot of people talking about Murray tonight; isn't he injured? 

Reports said stiff neck. His shoulder has been bothering him so doubt he will last a full game. Heavy pitch at gayfield on Friday won’t help either. 

14 minutes ago, David McGurns Left Glove said:

I thought he was out because of an operation? 

On another note, is there any news on Ashcroft?

No news on Ashcroft that I've seen, which usually means the player is gubbed. I hope I'm wrong.

8 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

No news on Ashcroft that I've seen, which usually means the player is gubbed. I hope I'm wrong.

IM said that best case scenario we were looking at 3-4 weeks and worst case, it would be end of season so they need to wait on the scan results to know for sure. Hopefully we get those back soon so that if it is longer term, there is still a day or two to get someone in if available 

24 minutes ago, Kooz92 said:

IM said that best case scenario we were looking at 3-4 weeks and worst case, it would be end of season so they need to wait on the scan results to know for sure. Hopefully we get those back soon so that if it is longer term, there is still a day or two to get someone in if available 

We’ve used all our loans I think? 

Some fucking wild takes in the match thread already without a ball being kicked. 

Tough game expected alright. If we win with a horrendous penalty decision I fully expect heads to actually explode. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Aye…Ashcroft, J.Brown, Byrne, Rudden and Turner. Five loans max.

Guessing it's 5 loans domestically that's the limit. I was looking at some squads with 7 or 8 loans in and thinking we'd be ok but forgot there was a domestic limit. Ah well, we make do with what we have.

1 hour ago, Kooz92 said:

Guessing it's 5 loans domestically that's the limit. I was looking at some squads with 7 or 8 loans in and thinking we'd be ok but forgot there was a domestic limit. Ah well, we make do with what we have.

Sorry, correct…international is theoretically unlimited, but to get the work permit…

Well that was murder tonight but a lot of positives. 

We're now level with Dundee United who have the hint of a team about to unravel. 

A clean sheet. 

We play Arbroath on Friday who must have f**k all left to give and we have an opportunity to win by more than one goal. 

No further injuries. 

12 minutes ago, bagpuss said:

We need to stop the winning by a goal this Friday and put Arbroath to the sword. They must be on their knees by now.

In theory I agree, but I would be delighted with a 1-0 of I was offered it right now... 

That was a horrible watch tonight, but there was some satisfaction to be taken from a competent defence performance for once. 

25 minutes ago, bagpuss said:

We need to stop the winning by a goal this Friday and put Arbroath to the sword. They must be on their knees by now.

We absolutely need to show a ruthless streak and stand on their necks. It’s a shame, as most rate Gayfield as the best day out in the Championship, but if we’re to really contend for the automatic promotion, we have to slaughter them Friday.

Think we can all agree that wasn’t our best performance.

Think we can all agree that we wouldn’t lost that game a month ago.

So much better at the back.

Obvious there is more of a focus on the defensive side or the game.Brown and Dick very disciplined.

Going to get all Sky Sports chat on yous now though-the transition from defence to attack needs to be slicker.Does that sound right 😂

We look good at the back however we looked like we played with ten men. The midfield were non existent tonight.  Brown, Stanton, Connolly and Easton just couldn’t link up at all. Happy just to chalk that down to a bad night at the office. Friday night will be the acid test of where we are from a creative point of view.