The New Raith Rovers Thread

16 minutes ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

If Murray gets offered the Hibs job he'll go.

I'd have thought they'd have been a great fit for McInnes, the fella at Dundee or Steve Robinson.

In their current state and with the appointment of Malky no manager in their right mind who has a job already should go near it. 

26 minutes ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

I'd have thought they'd have been a great fit for McInnes, the fella at Dundee or Steve Robinson.

9 minutes ago, pub car king said:

In their current state and with the appointment of Malky no manager in their right mind who has a job already should go near it. 

They've been open about wanting a "Head Coach" rather than "Manager". So whoever goes there will get minimal influence on transfers/squad building.

I don't see anyone established taking it.

1 hour ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

I'd be amazed if any of those managers you've mentioned would want to work under someone like Malky McKay, and have far less autonomy than what they currently have.

If anything, I think his appointment makes it a little more likely that someone like a Rhys McCabe or an Ian Murray would be approached, as in theory, they're less likely to push back against whatever they go into. 

However, considering their recent link with Bournemouth, I'd imagine it'll be some jobber from one of their academy teams or something. 

Murray will 100% go to Hibs if offered. It’s a far bigger job, higher profile and assume way better paid. Yes it’s a car crash but he’ll believe he has the ability to make it work. All managers do and he may never get a shot at a big job again. 

If Murray is a serious candidate for Hibs then like RATM I think the playoffs are a bit of an audition. They need a fan-pleasing appointment so while A Hibs Man is a winner, a championship failure wouldn't be. 

Like mckinnon I wouldn't grudge him taking it, but the unacceptable part with mckinnon was the strong impression that in between playoff legs his head was fully turned and he'd checked out mentally before Easter Road. 

This time I think it's in our favour that he needs to progress in the playoffs to be the appointment Hibs are after. 

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Murray will 100% go to Hibs if offered. It’s a far bigger job, higher profile and assume way better paid. Yes it’s a car crash but he’ll believe he has the ability to make it work. All managers do and he may never get a shot at a big job again. 

Aye, he's also done well enough at Raith that even if he has a bad time at Hibs he'll still get a job at this level again no problem. 

Edited by HoBNob

Generic standard statement from Murray in the courier - doesn’t have career mapped out; only focussing on the next RR game blah blah.

If offered, he goes and I would completely understand that. If he was defo staying it wouldn’t be hard to put out a statement saying he’s signed a 3 year deal and he fully intends to see that out and deliver upon the plan. 

Murray is a Hibs man and its understandable why he'd probably love to take the job, regardless of how much of a soulless shadow of a once decent club that it is these days. The opportunity to be the one to actually turn the club around must be a huge draw given that now they have no proper stand out players that would generate any profit, wasted a lot of money on some utter dirge (Vente as biggest example), a tiny Scottish contingent to build around (Campbell and Cadden are all thats really left in the senior squad when Hanlon and Stevenson leave), a feeder club for a poor EPL side and a fanbase that genuinely believes they should be fighting for 3rd every season, regardless of the shambles that they've been left with each time they sack their manager. And now capped off with the ridiculous polarising announcement of Malky Mackay as one of their football department heads. I'd pass on that right now I think. 

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Murray is a Hibs man and its understandable why he'd probably love to take the job, regardless of how much of a soulless shadow of a once decent club that it is these days. The opportunity to be the one to actually turn the club around must be a huge draw given that now they have no proper stand out players that would generate any profit, wasted a lot of money on some utter dirge (Vente as biggest example), a tiny Scottish contingent to build around (Campbell and Cadden are all thats really left in the senior squad when Hanlon and Stevenson leave), a feeder club for a poor EPL side and a fanbase that genuinely believes they should be fighting for 3rd every season, regardless of the shambles that they've been left with each time they sack their manager. And now capped off with the ridiculous polarising announcement of Malky Mackay as one of their football department heads. I'd pass on that right now I think. 

lol I think any Hibs fan reading that would put them into a depressive episode, however it’s true!

Anyway, no point in worrying about what will or will not happen with Murray. All about the game tonight.

23 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

lol I think any Hibs fan reading that would put them into a depressive episode, however it’s true!

Anyway, no point in worrying about what will or will not happen with Murray. All about the game tonight.

Exactly this full concentration on the job in hand. The issue with McKinnon and the Arabs was the timing. Unsure if it was Ray wanting away or them demanding an answer immediately but the fact the directors had to sit down with him at Easter Road (ironically) on the day of a match was appalling behaviour. 

If Murray has been approached I'd like to think any discussion has been kicked down the road until our season is over one way or the other. 

1 hour ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I agree. It is true though 🤣

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Exactly this full concentration on the job in hand. The issue with McKinnon and the Arabs was the timing. Unsure if it was Ray wanting away or them demanding an answer immediately but the fact the directors had to sit down with him at Easter Road (ironically) on the day of a match was appalling behaviour. 

If Murray has been approached I'd like to think any discussion has been kicked down the road until our season is over one way or the other. 

Ray spoken to at Easter road? This must be a story I've not heard...

23 minutes ago, David McGurns Left Glove said:

Ray spoken to at Easter road? This must be a story I've not heard...

O am not an authority on this amd dont know all the ins and outs, however the day of the 2nd leg of the play offs Rovers went to Easter Road with a goal lead. 

Prior to the game the directors had to borrow the board room to speak to to McKinnon because the move for him was literally going on as the teams warmed up.