The New Raith Rovers Thread

There is never a bad time to be promoted. I agree that we have something that we can build upon, but there is always a "what if" about these things. And, of course, not being promoted means that any of the better players who are not under contract might end up elsewhere. 

I guess we won't have long to wait until we see what's happening. 

1 hour ago, RaithRyan said:

Going by some of the players replies to these social media posts by the players, I can’t help but think that these guys won’t be returning. Hope I’m wrong as I’d like to see a few come back. 

Who's saying what? I don't follow players on social media.

23 minutes ago, pub car king said:

What we need to be careful.of is falling away the following season like, Ayr, ICT, Arbroath and Queens Park have in the past. 

That was a concern of mine as it does tend to happen, but every confidence in the new owners and Manager to get it right 

18 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I think in a way missing out on promotion this season might be a blessing. We've seen the level we need to get to and can build towards that this summer. 

We should have more funds available to aid with this from prize money, our gates have doubled this year and pie sales that equal more than the economy of a small country. 

What we need to be careful.of is falling away the following season like, Ayr, ICT, Arbroath and Queens Park have in the past. 

You need to, this is the way.

Your pies were shite compared to dunfermline and dundee uniteds, I'll no buy one next season,  so no buying new players for you 🤫

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

He was beyond useless for us in the 22/23 season. Lazy, arrogant, and not anywhere good enough to justify it.

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

His record in Ireland even before joining Celtic was fantastic, and when he came here I was genuinely buzzin', but he was hopeless. Maybe you're right though.

Aye could be similar to Barrie McKay when he was loaned to us, clearly wasn’t happy being loaned out and his attitude seemed to show it but went back to Rangers and obviously put in the effort Before going down south

On yesterday’s performance, the comments directed at Corr are extremely harsh. Having watched a re run of the match, you can’t put any blame on the shoulders of the laddie.

Goal 1: I thought (at the match) he could have done better but on watching again, the cross comes in from the left, Muz doesn’t deal with it, it deflects off Muz which takes it out of Corr’s reach. (Even the Sky pundits said the same) 

Goal 2: our captain let his man get a free header (albeit White towers over Broony). Even before the corner, big Kev gets his bearings lost and needlessly concedes the corner 

Goal 3: S.Murray drops deep and does very well, our midfield just could keep up with his sharpness and speed. And it’s a hell of a strike

Goal 4: Big Jack has a poor clearance straight to their laddie on the edge of our box. 

Add to the 3 x goals conceded v Partick which Muz lost 2 headers to Brian Graham and hand balled to concede the free kick. 

Then at the other end the numerous chances we missed, which on another day could have made all the difference. 

But like most clubs, sadly fans need a player to blame 

22 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Anne Budge proposed no such thing. She proposed a 14 team top flight, reverting back to 12 after two seasons, in a shameless attempt to keep her own club in the premiership.

My mistake mate, but i still think it was a great opportunity for a larger top league, 3 x 16 would be my preference, but we still roll on with the same, now with the ban on plastic pitches, makes it more of a closed shop . 🙁

28 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Dylan Easton will be having a meeting/discussion with the club this week

Well that’s promising that he’s still talking with the club.  Still think he’ll be away if he’s got an offer from a Motherwell or Dundee and would absolutely not blame the lad as he’s 30 and might not get another chance at top level football. Some turn around in his career after he signed for Kelty.  

Just now, San Starko Rover said:

Well that’s promising that he’s still talking with the club.  Still think he’ll be away if he’s got an offer from a Motherwell or Dundee and would absolutely not blame the lad as he’s 30 and might not get another chance at top level football. Some turn around in his career after he signed for Kelty.  

I still think Easton is too inconsistent. I know he's been carrying a back injury but it's been a while since he set a game alight and got the rave reviews he was getting. 

I'll concede that with better players around him he "should" do better but he needs to remove the need to beat one man too many and a tendency to slow momentum.

I'd like to see him do that with us for 1 more try, but I've a feeling he's away. Money talks.

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I still think Easton is too inconsistent. I know he's been carrying a back injury but it's been a while since he set a game alight and got the rave reviews he was getting. 

I'll concede that with better players around him he "should" do better but he needs to remove the need to beat one man too many and a tendency to slow momentum.

I'd like to see him do that with us for 1 more try, but I've a feeling he's away. Money talks.

I expect that’ll be Murray’s pitch to him, “give us 1 more season and see if we can go 1 better than this season” especially as there’s no big ex Premiership team but as you say money talks and you can’t blame players if someone is offering a better deal. 

On 26/05/2024 at 17:36, Pull My Strings said:

Is it though? I'd personally prefer a larger top division but whilst it remains 12, it's difficult to justify automatically relegating two. Likewise, automatically promoting two from a division of 10. County have just demonstrated that there's a fair gap between the two divisions.

Not sure i agree with this. Raith were not to far behind Dundee UTD , but have been promoted. by this UTD should get gubbed every week ? Thats not going to happen is it? 

56 minutes ago, pub car king said:

That’s always a concern and with no stand out team to win the league next season there’s probably 10 teams who’ll fancy a crack at it if they can recruit well. 

31 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

My mistake mate, but i still think it was a great opportunity for a larger top league, 3 x 16 would be my preference, but we still roll on with the same, now with the ban on plastic pitches, makes it more of a closed shop . 🙁

I'd go for 3 leagues of 16 as well.

Had your account been hacked recently?

There have been a few posts made from it that are bordering on sense.

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Let's hope theres a few sorted before they go on holiday, we dont want to be hanging around waiting for answers  

I think we as a ub are actually in a stronger position than we would have been last year. 

We've had a title run and got to the play off final, we play good football and we have the core of a good squad still under contract. 

I think if you're an ambitious player that could be the tipping point. 

That nnd John Potter is fucking relentless at hounding folk to sign.

25 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

We are a much better team when he is playing.

10 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

I'd go for 3 leagues of 16 as well.

Had your account been hacked recently?

There have been a few posts made from it that are bordering on sense.

🤣 NO not been hacked 👍

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

I think in a way missing out on promotion this season might be a blessing

Keep telling yersel that neebur

As a neutral who watched both games (hoping for a Raith win) I thought you were poor in the first game. Thought the exclusion of Easton was mystifying as for me he is your best attacking player by far. Despite not playing well there wasn't much in it. Second game - it is daft to say but for long spells you played much better than at Starks and in all honesty the score flattered County. They took their chances clinically and you really lacked a central striker who could "lead the line" effectively. Vaughan is a decent player but Messrs Hamilton and Rudden are miles off required standard. Simon Murray was effectively the difference between the teams but it was never a 0-4 but sadly that's football. 

2 hours ago, pub car king said:

I think in a way missing out on promotion this season might be a blessing. We've seen the level we need to get to and can build towards that this summer. 

We should have more funds available to aid with this from prize money, our gates have doubled this year and pie sales that equal more than the economy of a small country. 

I don't think we should ever see things that way. If for example we don't go up next season or whatever, we'll look back on this as a "what might have been" more than anything else.

Would it have been tough ? Yes. Favourites for relegation? Probably. Would it be better to be in the Championship? Not even close, no.