The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Raith might just become my 2nd team next season with all these ex Hibs players. 

What the opinion at your end regards Megwa? You think He will end up out on loan again?

…. If so, would be nice for him to hook up with and play with guys he knows like Stevenson, Hanlon, Fordyce….

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

What the opinion at your end regards Megwa? You think He will end up out on loan again?

…. If so, would be nice for him to hook up with and play with guys he knows like Stevenson, Hanlon, Fordyce….

With us having Cadden and Miller at right-back. He’ll probably go on loan again. Megwa is a decent player. Just can’t see him getting any game time ahead of those 2. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

With us having Cadden and Miller at right-back. He’ll probably go on loan again. Megwa is a decent player. Just can’t see him getting any game time ahead of those 2. 

Where do we sign?

MVDFG7sZXFwMBB3XA9f4GNoyAz0Po=&risl=&pid

6 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Can we interest you in some of this white gold 

Screenshot_20240605_230038_Google.jpg

47 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

The young lad from E.Kilbride, we don't know what his circumstances are. He might be serving an apprenticeship somewhere and after speaking with his family he might want to finish that first before going full-time or he might be looking a bit closer to home with someone like Hamilton or Airdrie.

Or He spoke to Aaron Arnott and he stated he will get hee haw of a chance of a game and will get punted out on loan after 6 months of sitting on the bench. 

37 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Where do we sign?

MVDFG7sZXFwMBB3XA9f4GNoyAz0Po=&risl=&pid

You’ll get him on loan and deal with it. 

You can have McKirdy and Tavares for free?

32 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Or He spoke to Aaron Arnott and he stated he will get hee haw of a chance of a game and will get punted out on loan after 6 months of sitting on the bench. 

The same arnott who has done more in the past 48 hours to ruin any potential career he could have? 

6 hours ago, Raith69 said:

Very happy with the transfer business we have done and with the expected Hanlon signing, the only concern I have is that we seem to be all left footed in defence as Stevenson is left footed as is Fordyce, Hanlon, Murray and Dick. That leaves Corr as the only right footed defender.

I think Fordyce is right footed. He played on the left side for Airdrie more often but I think that was mostly down to him being the more accomplished defender and more comfortable using both feet. He’s absolutely fine playing as a right sided centre back. Hanlon, Murray and Fordyce is as strong a trio of centre backs as you can ask for at this level really without being a Hearts, Hibs size club.

6 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Would love to see both Hanlon and Stevenson help get Raith promoted. 

Why, do you sell grass seed?

5 hours ago, pub car king said:

This may have slipped under the radar what with all the weather updates lately. 

The volunteers at the club do a power of work none more so than Raith TV. 

4 hours ago, grumswall said:

Agreed. I know he has an account on here so would like to wish him the best in his next venture and thank him especially for the covid period where it was him and Davie, aswell as the others involved who really kept us all involved with the club through raithtv. 

Hopefully Niall will still be able to contribute to RaithTV. Regardless, been a absolute gentleman when I've dealt with him over the past few years, and certainly bleeds blue and white.

8 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Tavares looked quite impressive during Lewis Vaughans testimonial.

8 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

What have we done to deserve McKirdy? That feels like a punishment

Partick trying to make Byrne signing happen according to the Courier.

He was one that I thought obvious would resign and Easton leave. Looks like it’s the other way round.

9 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Partick trying to make Byrne signing happen according to the Courier.

He was one that I thought obvious would resign and Easton leave. Looks like it’s the other way round.

But so are we the same news outlet said we’re In talks with him it’ll be interesting to see though where he does end up…. And it looks certain Chalmers is away to Partick