The New Raith Rovers Thread

50 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Drysdale posted on Fantalk using his real name and without the controversial opinions….

Whether using his real name or not Drysdale turned out in the end to be a complete p***k, RRFC were so much better off without him.

Drysdale came across in the Locke/Hughes era as having the opinion that our fan base were just ungrateful for what we were given. It's incredible to think where we're at now in terms of communication compared to then. Who can forget him coming out with this statement claiming someone close to the deal to sell David Bates had leaked information. The only issue was that the person who leaked it was the manager

I've no idea if it was him who was in charge of Superhans. The person on the account was certainly trying to claim they were part of the club...

rr.PNG.3a231523a7bb9ae513acdf6378e6191d.png.f0df4ff86596b71720bb31afb04b33b2.png

Was at Starks yesterday for the Fife Cup Final game(s) and there were a number of murmerings from folk that Byrne and Hanlon singings were all but done the latter of which wasn't being revealed until after Friday. 

4 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Was at Starks yesterday for the Fife Cup Final game(s) and there were a number of murmerings from folk that Byrne and Hanlon singings were all but done the latter of which wasn't being revealed until after Friday. 

I’ve heard similar - both to be announced this week apparently. Byrne on holiday so assuming he pens when he’s back. 

If true, brilliant. I'd like to think that we're also looking at some younger players for the squad too in the remaining signings. Ideally between the 22-27 age range that can play a part right away and perhaps hold some good resale value

Relatively old news but I have to congratulate the club on holding ST prices this year. Last years was exceptional value and to be honest I expected a modest rise but the "You belong" message really is enforced with the pricing of the season tickets.

Hopefully they meet and exceed the 3000 target.

6 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

Relatively old news but I have to congratulate the club on holding ST prices this year. Last years was exceptional value and to be honest I expected a modest rise but the "You belong" message really is enforced with the pricing of the season tickets.

Hopefully they meet and exceed the 3000 target.

How much have we sold so far, I get paid on Thursday so I’ll get mine. 

1 minute ago, Pride of Fife said:

Watching some old highlights earlier. I’m sure it was covered at the time but can anybody confirm why the club swapped the home and away dugouts around? I can’t think of any reasonable reason?

It makes the home dugout closer to the linesman and the away one further away.

Edited by Enigma

1 hour ago, Stardog_champion said:

How much have we sold so far, I get paid on Thursday so I’ll get mine. 

They announced on Friday that 1000 had been shifted in 22 hrs. Took 11 days to reach same milestone last year. That was before I had bought my 6 🙂.

That’s us just bought 3 season tickets. 
Had half seasons last year but this is the first time I’ve bought a full season ticket since the 90s. 
Makes no financial sense as I work 50% of Saturdays but as daft as it may sound, I feel like the club is something I want to be a part of right now. 
How many other season tickets have been sold is also a consideration- it’s getting to the stage where the seats available for individual matches will not be in the best areas. 

Can’t wait for the season to start now!

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

That’s us just bought 3 season tickets. 
Had half seasons last year but this is the first time I’ve bought a full season ticket since the 90s. 
Makes no financial sense as I work 50% of Saturdays but as daft as it may sound, I feel like the club is something I want to be a part of right now. 

That's easy, make a deal with the boss to have the Home dates off and then listen to your free RaithTV audio on the Away dates!

13 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I see Wallace Duffy (right back) from ICT has left them, wonder if he'll interest us. 

He has 1 good game then 3/4 bad ones.  One of his good games in 22/23 was absolutely bodying Daizen Maeda in the cup final, who got hooked at half time as a result.

Would be good to get a season ticket update and a signing or two this week.

Not that it means too much at this stage but Livi, Partick and Ayr have been active so far in the market. 
At this stage Morton and Airdries squad is poorer to last term at the moment and nowt happening with the Pars too.

Be interesting as a few clubs at this level are fishing in the same pond for players. 

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Airdrie look to have a major rebuild on their hands. 

Yep and they’ve still got a couple of key players not confirmed signed on as yet.

Transformative jump in income for them last season with finishing 4th and the cup win. Either they’re not matching wages or players are just up for going. A wee feeling that last season was as good as it gets for them. Same mindset could be levelled at us with how competitive it’s going to be this year however, only lost out on Turner so far..