The New Raith Rovers Thread

To be fair, Murray isn't quoted saying it's Ayr and Thistle but it's definitely implied.  

He can only go on what players are telling him they were offered by other clubs.  Would plyers exaggerate a wee bit to try to get more from us?  Potentially.

Ultimately, I think when he says we aren't the big hitters it doesn't mean that we can't compete with the other teams financially.  We're just not willing to jeopardise the future of the club by paying too much.....like we did under McGlynn.

5 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

To be fair, Murray isn't quoted saying it's Ayr and Thistle but it's definitely implied.  

He can only go on what players are telling him they were offered by other clubs.  Would plyers exaggerate a wee bit to try to get more from us?  Potentially.

Ultimately, I think when he says we aren't the big hitters it doesn't mean that we can't compete with the other teams financially.  We're just not willing to jeopardise the future of the club by paying too much.....like we did under McGlynn.

Pretty sure most people do that when they're being offered a new job. We're offering you x, you rebute with "my current company have offered x+y to keep me here, if you match that i'll go" is pretty standard. 

30 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Giving 3 year deals could be giving there age though 

4 minutes ago, United1973 said:

Giving 3 year deals could be giving there age though 

Hanlon strikes me as a professional enough guy to be the one to say he's no longer cutting it and be proactive about it, similar to Berra a few years back. If it were to happen. In saying that, its not like he's some jobber that has been plodding around these last few years, hes been at the top level (well, the Hibs equivalent of that) and seems to be someone who takes it seriously. I'd be surprised if he drops off enough to stand out. 

Hanlon has played at the same club for years. He is at an age where he probably has a family that will be settled has a home and kids in school etc. 

Is the extra commute, moving house, uprooting your family etc really worth it for a bit extra cash? 

Plus we dished out a 3 year deal would anyone else have offered that? 

12 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ayr being described as “financial big hitters”. What fucking worm hole did I stumble through? 

You would think that brown will have an increased budget to bullen as he is a big name and if the ayr job goes badly he might not get another.

Just seen that Stirling Albion's friendly against QOS this Saturday has been switched to Palmerston Park due to the state of their pitch.  Bloody grass pitches eh!!!!!

Apparently, Active Stirling have assured them it will be ready for our game on the 13th.

Posted (edited)

At least tonights game doesnt clash with a Euro match.  I mean if it did, the attendees at Links Park would miss out on the pre match and half time analysis of what Harry Kane had for his breakfast/what Jude Bellinghams favourite smell sounds like..  Canny have that!  Important news that will make you sleep better at night!  More important than your own clubs pre season of course (and obviously more important than the two teams actually playing said Euro match)!

Glad Rovers and Montrose have seen sense.  

Edited by Heid_The_Baw

Just now, mealsonwheels said:

Hey guys

Is there any change showing on the main stand as of yet? Have they started cladding the exterior walls?

Yeah they appear to have put the brackets up along the front of the stand. I assume the actual cladding panels will fit onto them 

Just now, Jilted John said:

Yeah they appear to have put the brackets up along the front of the stand. I assume the actual cladding panels will fit onto them 

Thanks mate. I appreciate the update 😃 

13 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

FB_IMG_1720028755325.thumb.jpg.0e68e72ae6a4f12973d58f6ae0796973.jpg

Line up for tonight.

Never get my head round that you can’t just put the trialist names in brackets, like it’s some state secret that only the Men in Black are allowed to know. It’s usually on social media by the first 5 minutes anyway.