The New Raith Rovers Thread

18 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Ditto. Wasn't keen after the reveal last night but after seeing it in the flesh today it's quite nice so me and the laddie ended up getting it. We're away on our holibags tomorrow so it's all packed for our travels. Perfect timing 😁

Aye it looked a bit better today 

Quite like the design 90s Stagecoach seats aside but I’m still not sure about the collar.  TBF wasn’t sure about last seasons Home shirt but it grew on me. Probably helps if the team play well in it. Any word on dates for the Away and 3rd kits? I assume the away top will be same design but in white. Interesting to see if this 3rd kit is completely different or thr same design in red. 

12 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Quite like the design 90s Stagecoach seats aside but I’m still not sure about the collar.  TBF wasn’t sure about last seasons Home shirt but it grew on me. Probably helps if the team play well in it. Any word on dates for the Away and 3rd kits? I assume the away top will be same design but in white. Interesting to see if this 3rd kit is completely different or thr same design in red. 

Away top is 12th July. 3rd Kit is likely September or so I'd assume. 

5 minutes ago, grumswall said:

The away top is apparently white. That's 4th hand info rather than me being itk. 

It may have looked plain, however the Montrose kit from midweek worked really well, white top and socks, dark navy shorts.

Top has definitely grown on me, The game so far, as always a typical pre season. Back line seem to have a good connection and you can hear Kevin D being a lot more vocal.

I would expect a bit more on the attacking front in the second half but we really are lacking attacking options with Lewis out and I would suggest there may be a signing at some point and maybe also a loan up front and on the wing.

Just nice to see a real back line again at Stark's 

16 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Desperately need another striker imo , Defensively and in midfield very very strong but it’s only pre season yet just finding our groove 

Agreed, the difference Smith has made over Hamilton is noticeable. 

Firstly you can't beat summer football in Scotland.

1st half passed the ball around well, created virtually nothing. 

2nd half much better controlled the game, created some chances and Smith made a difference. Montague is too good to go out on loan. No idea who the bairn was that went in goals for ICT but they looked very poor.

Virtually everyone leaving today was saying the same thing we need a striker. Would also be good to get an update on Vaughan.

I thought it was all pretty encouraging. The new signings looked excellent. Stevenson and Hanlon I expected to impress but for me, Montague and Gibson looked every bit as good. Bit eerie how much like his dad Lewis Gibson is though - same walk, run, physique and battling spirit. Montague looked v promising too and had some great touches.

One last thing, in the 1950s that disallowed goal would have stood...

One last last thing. The seagulls are getting gallus. Best eat yer pie doon the stairs.