The New Raith Rovers Thread

17 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The follow up tweet says he has made a first team appearance.

Played in some of last seasons pre-season friendlies, but hasn't been used this season. Great to see though, shows kids there is a pathway through if you're good enough. Hopefully pushes some of them on. 

50 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Good to see a young boy sign from the Community Foundation but was really hoping to see a striker announced.

Any in mind? I don't think i've seen any links with a striker at all. Not even sure who's available in Scotland that isn't a young lad at a Premier League club. 

As long as its not Rudden again.

12 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Any in mind? I don't think i've seen any links with a striker at all. Not even sure who's available in Scotland that isn't a young lad at a Premier League club. 

Not seen or heard any rumours and I agree not Rudden. Was hoping we could get Bowie back seeing as we will hopefully be challenging at the right end of the table.

31 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

We've been credited with an interest in Gabby McGill, and Murray spoke to The Courier about him. 

Five league goals last year doesn't have me praying for news before I close my eyes at night, mind. 

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Gabby McGill has been linked with us, thistle and st Johnstone but as he hasn’t signed for anyone my thoughts is he’s trying to get a deal down south somewhere 

13 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Gabby McGill has been linked with us, thistle and st Johnstone but as he hasn’t signed for anyone my thoughts is he’s trying to get a deal down south somewhere 

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

We've been credited with an interest in Gabby McGill, and Murray spoke to The Courier about him. 

Five league goals last year doesn't have me praying for news before I close my eyes at night, mind. 

Thats a good point, I forgot about McGill. 

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Hopefully Wayne Rooney falls out with Ryan Hardie and tries to oust him out of Plymouth.

Not sure mcgill offers us anything we don't already have. I thought Smith was looking alot sharper on Saturday when he came on and he is often overlooked for that role. Started last season very well for us as well. Between him vaughan and Hamilton, we have got options so it isn't something we need to rush in to at this stage. 

In an ideal world we go and get paton from qp and Megwa in. Paton is outwith the budget though and Megwa has been involved with the first team at hibs so far. Playing football manager now, I reckon those two would be enough to see us win the league. 

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

Not sure mcgill offers us anything we don't already have. I thought Smith was looking alot sharper on Saturday when he came on and he is often overlooked for that role. Started last season very well for us as well. Between him vaughan and Hamilton, we have got options so it isn't something we need to rush in to at this stage. 

In an ideal world we go and get paton from qp and Megwa in. Paton is outwith the budget though and Megwa has been involved with the first team at hibs so far. Playing football manager now, I reckon those two would be enough to see us win the league. 

Yeah I thought smithy was good on Saturday as well, it’s not desperate at the moment and I think a lot depends on how we fare in the cup games, if we struggle to score I think we will move sooner rather than later

10 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Yeah I thought smithy was good on Saturday as well, it’s not desperate at the moment and I think a lot depends on how we fare in the cup games, if we struggle to score I think we will move sooner rather than later

My main thought in this (and I think I mentioned it a few pages ago) is that IM clearly thought we needed another striker last season (hence signing and playing Rudden) so he will no doubt still be on the lookout for another one this year.  He's given Hamilton a lot of game time during pre-season so that may be a sign that he's hoping for him to step up and be the main man this season.  With that in mind we may well go with a young premiership striker (e.g. Wales or Bavidge) as a backup.  The main stumbling block to that is that a premiership team might not want to send a young lad out on loan just to sit on our bench so they may be looking at league 1 for them again.

I really enjoy the podcast. It's been a great addition this season. 

The draft and quiz style episodes aren't for me but the weekly pre and post match eps are really good. 

Hats off to everyone giving up their time to do it. I would definitely agree there are some contributers that offer more than others.

Appreciate all the feedback folks. As ever you'll find some things work well for some people, but less so for others. With it being close season we've done a bit different from the normal. It's quite an easy thing to get into an an episode and look at the timer only to find you're over the hour mark.