The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, Stardog_champion said:

This is the problem, 1883 members won’t divulge sensitive info. Unless he sends you a DM. Why pay for a heads up when they’ll just share it for free. 

Why tease it on here then?

2 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

You able to share?

The update is showing how the contributions are being spent. A new office for the backroom staff has been created from what used to be the old groundsmans storage area, there is a new laundry/kit room being created as the old one will be part of the new hospitality suite on ground floor which starts later on this year. 

Its not a secret email. just an update

1 hour ago, Been going too long said:

I’m not sure that would be a good appointment tbh, very untried yeah an experienced player but nothing to suggest he would be a good manager yet, massive risk and if I was Murray I would be pissed pff losing my job to a candidate like that

Pretty sure Ian Murray will be pissed off even if we appointed Thierry Henry!

14 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Did your email start with Dear Grace as well?

Good to see things going on, it is all positive stuff in the club, but maybe a wee update on the elephant in the room in there would have been good, even just basic lip service.

We are all Grace!

14 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

The update is showing how the contributions are being spent. A new office for the backroom staff has been created from what used to be the old groundsmans storage area, there is a new laundry/kit room being created as the old one will be part of the new hospitality suite on ground floor which starts later on this year. 

Its not a secret email. just an update

I like to think the new manager was hiding just out of camera in the photo of the office....

37 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Maybe shut it down then if your that fed up, just a thought🤔

21 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

This is the problem, 1883 members won’t divulge sensitive info. Unless he sends you a DM. Why pay for a heads up when they’ll just share it for free. 

This lack of managerial appointment is getting to you isn’t it?

No problem with 1883 members getting info first as there has to be some perk of joining, but would like to see the info then shared with wider support too even if there is a delay of a day or two. Not everyone can afford to join but they are still fans and interested in what’s going on. 

17 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

No problem with 1883 members getting info first as there has to be some perk of joining, but would like to see the info then shared with wider support too even if there is a delay of a day or two. Not everyone can afford to join but they are still fans and interested in what’s going on. 

I think that's happened with pretty much everything that's ever been in the update. 

16 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

I’m not a 1883 member but if the email was only about the room conversion they have put it on the website now. Why not give the club a chance first before shooting them down? Maybe your moan would have been valid in a couple of days not a couple of hours 

In terms of 1883 getting first dibs they are the ones that are paying for renovations and gym equipment etc, so it's only right they should get a bit of priority. It's hardly like it's groundbreaking news. 

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

I never knew the mainstand was so cavernous with offices and hospitality popping up all over the place. 

Aye, lots of boltholes filled with crap. They just need to be careful about what they remove as some of those heavily rustled sweetie wrappers are now load bearing.

Just now, pub car king said:

I never knew the mainstand was so cavernous with offices and hospitality popping up all over the place. 

I was fortunate enough to survey the stadium in 2021 and I had never really walked about the main stand as I sit in the south stand. I was surprised at space in the main stand and how it wasn’t exactly the most efficient use of space. Of course it all comes down to money to revamp the place. The main stand was very tired and I knew the groundsman were due to move to allow their space to be converted. This was before the new owners as well. The railway stand was as basic as you can get and I suppose that’s all that’s needed really for now