The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Stevenson isn't a right back, so playing an actual right back there isn't strange logic at all. 

I'm all for players playing in their natural position but Matthews isn't a right back either much like Brown isn't a centre back much like Dick isn't a centre back. Sometimes players just need to adapt when the situation arises. 

call me a crack pot, but there’s a few Elephants in the room down at Starks. I’ve been speaking to a few dyed in the wool Rovers fans, especially guys that get the supporters buses through to games. It’s maybe through the amounts of booze being consumed on the way I don’t know. The rumours about Stanton were wife I mean rife. The Murray sacking and the Barrowman and Potter double act. So what happens if Healy says yes. Will he  be allowed to bring his own back room staff or will he have to work with Mickey. Will Potter and Barrowman interfere with his decision making. Unless his job will only be a coaching role. For me a club Manager runs the whole shebang. The Murray sacking, that interview was telling in itself.  Was he sacked because he was inwardly criticising B&P. I’ve also heard fans putting their own money into the club via sponsorships and promised the Earth to be snubbed. Maybe these are conspiracies. These aren’t my thoughts it’s from guys directly involved with the McMillan group and the 200 club. I can’t divulge names sorry. 

25 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I'm all for players playing in their natural position but Matthews isn't a right back either much like Brown isn't a centre back much like Dick isn't a centre back. Sometimes players just need to adapt when the situation arises. 

Not the point though. When we have a right back available they should probably play in that position, this notion that Murray had of playing Brown over Corr because he wanted as many of his best players on the pitch as possible could have cost us, it's a risk and removing them from their best position weakens us just as much. 

3 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

call me a crack pot, but there’s a few Elephants in the room down at Starks. I’ve been speaking to a few dyed in the wool Rovers fans, especially guys that get the supporters buses through to games. It’s maybe through the amounts of booze being consumed on the way I don’t know. The rumours about Stanton were wife I mean rife. The Murray sacking and the Barrowman and Potter double act. So what happens if Healy says yes. Will he  be allowed to bring his own back room staff or will he have to work with Mickey. Will Potter and Barrowman interfere with his decision making. Unless his job will only be a coaching role. For me a club Manager runs the whole shebang. The Murray sacking, that interview was telling in itself.  Was he sacked because he was inwardly criticising B&P. I’ve also heard fans putting their own money into the club via sponsorships and promised the Earth to be snubbed. Maybe these are conspiracies. These aren’t my thoughts it’s from guys directly involved with the McMillan group and the 200 club. I can’t divulge names sorry. 

Sakes min. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

8 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Not the point though. When we have a right back available they should probably play in that position

Agreed, however we had a right back on the bench against Airdrie and Partick but plumped for Matthews instead. Was Freeman injured at that point? who knows. 

16 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

The paranoia setting in with a few in the McMillan and 200 club it seems.

9 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

It maybe is I don’t know, but one of the guys inferred that they were about to be fleeced for more cash. 

It's no secret that the club are looking to raise the fees the members of both those clubs pay for membership. That's been discussed in here previously.

9 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

It maybe is I don’t know, but one of the guys inferred that they were about to be fleeced for more cash. 

Is this something to do with the club renting the spot they use and they were asking for more money from members?