The New Raith Rovers Thread

26 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

The only “rumours” about Stanton what I’ve seen on different socials like Facebook and Twitter/X is that apparently he wants away/handed in a transfer request which I don’t believe personally would be daft to let him go now imo 

If he wants away, the club need to sell him now. We can’t afford a passenger Simple. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

Bad in terms of no appointment but the board hasn't done much wrong in this one. Identified a good target, made a good offer, and got used as leverage in Linfield shenanigans. 

As long as they have a good solid and secure plan g or h we have nothing to worry about.

Can't say I'm dissapointed that the POY sash bash is now cancelled. 

9 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

Bad in terms of no appointment but the board hasn't done much wrong in this one. Identified a good target, made a good offer, and got used as leverage in Linfield shenanigans. 

As long as they have a good solid and secure plan g or h we have nothing to worry about.

Perhaps not, but the look of this is a huge embarrassment. 

I fear the plan is well out the window at this stage. There have been a couple of outright rejections. 

Who the feck of any standing is gonna even want the job now, theyll be saying I was the 5th,6th,7th choice ......... on yer bike

Laughing stock of Scottish football once again

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

23 minutes ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

Barrowman should be gone. Utter shambles and he's failed in his role as CEO.

Judging Ian Murray I hope the board hold him to the same standards.

Behave min

14 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Someone, somewhere has put it out there that we were likely to be getting him. This makes us look like idiots.

He got a new agent recently. Textbook stuff. 

Conveniently leaks that he's applied for our job, and forces a Linfield board (who fans have slaughtered for being tight financially) to open up the purse strings. 

I found it over the top when some of your fans were panicking after no appointment after 10 days or so but this is now looking grim for you lot. The sacking and now the  delay in new appointments is doing the club more harm than keeping Murray would of IMO, Barrowman's made a c**t of this,

We are in a bit of shit here and thats for sure.

The strategy of sacking the manager who led the club to their best season in decades after 1 game has done more damage than good.  

Regardless of it being the right decision or not the timing of it has been a disaster. The "we have a plan" has blown up in their face as well and it appears the footballing world is keeping its distance.

If rumours are believed that's our 4th choice turned us down now. 

The board may need to make a choice here, do they continue down the road of trying to find someone to take this job. 

Or do they sit tight with a caretaker set up and wait for someone decent to become free. 

The current best choice for a championship manager is Ian Murray.