The New Raith Rovers Thread

22 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I really cannot believe the comments from one poster this morning.

In terms of positives. Main stand is getting a much needed makeover, inside and out. New dressing rooms, new coaches office and downstairs hospitality. Not to mention the outside cladding. 

Revenue raised from increased sponsorship and last season a social media channel that was the talking point of fans and rival clubs. This helped boost home attendances.

We have board members working daily at the club trying to drive the business forward. 

On the pitch we have a better quality of squad than I care to remember. Two seasons ago we signed Kyle Connell a player that has struggled in lower leagues to score. 

On the negative the appointment of a manager is taking longer than probably everyone including the board anticipated and player recruitment as a result appears to have stalled. 

Hopefully this all changes before Saturday and our social media can go back into overdrive and we get that feel good factor back. 

Great post.

The only real issue at the club at the moment is the lack of a manger.

Financially, we’re in the best position we’ve been in for a very long time. The board are working tirelessly to find more ways to generate revenue.

On the pitch, we already have a squad capable of challenging at the top end of this league and a few more signings, coupled with injured players returning, and I have no doubt we’ll turn things around.

Yes, you can question the sacking of Murray and what’s happened in the 3 weeks since. However, the overreacting on here from certain fans is incredible.

28 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

In terms of positives. Main stand is getting a much needed makeover, inside and out. New dressing rooms, new coaches office and downstairs hospitality. Not to mention the outside cladding. 

Revenue raised from increased sponsorship and last season a social media channel that was the talking point of fans and rival clubs. This helped boost home attendances.

We have board members working daily at the club trying to drive the business forward. 

On the pitch we have a better quality of squad than I care to remember. Two seasons ago we signed Kyle Connell a player that has struggled in lower leagues to score. 

On the negative the appointment of a manager is taking longer than probably everyone including the board anticipated and player recruitment as a result appears to have stalled. 

Hopefully this all changes before Saturday and our social media can go back into overdrive and we get that feel good factor back. 

Totally agree but that poster is always like that tbh, especially since the board took over ( maybe even before I can’t remember) hopefully the manager is announced this week and we can go back to debating Scott brown playing cb or Ross matthews rb 

Edited by Been going too long

1 hour ago, spratte said:

This reeks of our Houston out era and we all saw how that panned out.

sacking your manager who recorded your highest league position in god know how long. 
this self entitlement is mental in the same vein as ours was.

You haven't had to watch us over the last 8 months. If you don't understand, or choose not to understand the reasons for his dismissal, as explained several times by supporters and the CEO, no one is really bothered.

I wasn't ready to dismiss IM. It hadn't even crossed my mind. I was, however, bored with our performances and the many opportunities thrown away since January, and I thought our squad was capable of better. When this season's LC campaign petered out in unimpressive fashion, and we then lost for the 6th time on the trot to Airdrie, with an augmented squad, I was frustrated we seemed not to have learned anything. When the news of the sacking broke, I was astonished, but I could understand the reasoning. I still do. That we've been knowingly turned down by 2 candidates, one of whom evidently used us to his own ends (or at least his agent did), is frustrating again, but these things happen. Clearly. 

We'll get there. It's taking longer than I hoped, but we'll get there. The new guy will have next to no honeymoon period afforded him by some, but we'll get there. We might even beat Airdrie next time!

25 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Great post.

The only real issue at the club at the moment is the lack of a manger.

Financially, we’re in the best position we’ve been in for a very long time. The board are working tirelessly to find more ways to generate revenue.

On the pitch, we already have a squad capable of challenging at the top end of this league and a few more signings, coupled with injured players returning, and I have no doubt we’ll turn things around.

Yes, you can question the sacking of Murray and what’s happened in the 3 weeks since. However, the overreacting on here from certain fans is incredible.

I do think this saga will be impacting us financially at the moment too tbf… we can’t be selling many walk up tickets, hospitality and other commercial stuff with the mood on the ground just now.

10 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Pre match Saturday is the perfect time to let the board know how we feel. Boo them when they take their seats in the directors box. That should get the message across. With any luck they'll strop off to the Pars and become their problem! 

I usually just pass your posts by as you being an uber moaner.  However, this one has e questioning whether you may need some professional help.  
The BOD pull out, the gates will be locked.
The BOD have made an arse of it, and they know it, we know it etc.  However they now need to get their fingers oot and repair the damage they have caused.  Their record since coming in has been to improve the whole club.  This is their one and only f**k up realy, albeit a massive one.
As long as they put it right, and we end up with another decent season (yes it still can be done), then I'll be happy.

I am pissed off at the lack of appointment, BUT when i think about it I'd rather we got in someone to progress the club rather than  Liam Fox or Kevin Rangers Rangers Rangers.

The team not playing is more of a concern.  

4 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I do think this saga will be impacting us financially at the moment too tbf… we can’t be selling many walk up tickets, hospitality and other commercial stuff with the mood on the ground just now.

I think the commercial stuff is fine.  Hospitality is selling well and they seem to be managing to sell most if not all of the sponsorship packages.

Ticket sales don't look particularly good for Saturday so far though.  Training videos aren't going to do anything to help that any more either so we could definitely do with some news on the manager (or at least player) front to help.  

19 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

I usually just pass your posts by as you being an uber moaner.  However, this one has e questioning whether you may need some professional help.  
The BOD have made an arse of it, and they know it, we know it etc.  However they now need to get their fingers oot and repair the damage they have caused.  Their record since coming in has been to improve the whole club.  This is their one and only f**k up realy, albeit a massive one.
As long as they put it right, and we end up with another decent season (yes it still can be done), then I'll be happy.

I am pissed off at the lack of appointment, BUT when i think about it I'd rather we got in someone to progress the club rather than  Liam Fox or Kevin Rangers Rangers Rangers.

That feels unlikely to change until we have a new guy in.

24 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

You do realise the guy is a SERIAL MOANER?

I have been on P&B for 14 years......he has always been the same!!

My tuppence worth -

I heard some of the gossip mongers down at Ayr on Saturday, totally dismissed it as a pile of pish, the fact that a player has to come out on social media and defend himself is just f**king ridiculous. I just hope Sam can put the whole sorry episode behind him, get himself back to full fitness and start producing on the park for the club he is currently employed by, if he decides to leave because of some idle chit chat then those responsible need to hang their heads in shame.

As far as the manager situation goes as has been mention the BOD has made a bit of a balls up, I think they fully expected Leven to take the job, Healy apparently applied, agreed terms and knocked us back when a better offer to stay put came in, really can't blame him for that although I suspect his agent may have pulled a few strings to make it happen.

For me they still have enough credit in the bank to sort it out, needs to happen in the next couple of weeks tho'.

What do Raith fans realistically expect of this season now? Any manager coming in is going to bring their own "philosophy", style of play etc and it's not guaranteed this will square with the squad you have. Clearly there has to be some changes because that squad failed last season and was failing before the sacking this season. Has there ever been a manager step in with someone else's squad and been an instant success?  Having a few talented players doesn't mean shit if they're played out of position or told to do something they don't like.  You could get an Imrie - defensively stuffy, kick the shit out of the opposition or you could get someone like McGlynn - attack minded, plays with wingers.

My tuppence worth, whoever you get has to stabilise the ship and bring in their changes gradually. You're 9 points behind the leaders already. The new guy has to stop the rot first, then get you playing.  To my mind you're play-off contenders, not potential winners. 

8 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Having a few talented players doesn't mean shit if they're played out of position or told to do something they don't like. 

That's only happening at the moment due to injuries where we've no other option but to fart about with players in different positions.

28 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

What do Raith fans realistically expect of this season now? Any manager coming in is going to bring their own "philosophy", style of play etc and it's not guaranteed this will square with the squad you have. Clearly there has to be some changes because that squad failed last season and was failing before the sacking this season. Has there ever been a manager step in with someone else's squad and been an instant success?  Having a few talented players doesn't mean shit if they're played out of position or told to do something they don't like.  You could get an Imrie - defensively stuffy, kick the shit out of the opposition or you could get someone like McGlynn - attack minded, plays with wingers.

My tuppence worth, whoever you get has to stabilise the ship and bring in their changes gradually. You're 9 points behind the leaders already. The new guy has to stop the rot first, then get you playing.  To my mind you're play-off contenders, not potential winners. 

Good post. I agree. Playoffs still v possible. Champions v unlikely. 

31 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

We're 3 games in FFS. 

I'm still realistically expecting we'll be challenging at the top of the league. 

31 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

To be fair there is no reason a new manager can't come in and get Raith into the playoffs, there are a number of clubs in the league having their own meltdowns which are potentially more damaging in the long run. This season 2 or 3 results strung together here and there will probably catapult teams up the table as the chasing pack will be tight.

Ayr and Falkirk getting business done early and off to a good start bodes well to keep away from the nonsense which Raith will need to try climb away from as well, which with the squad they have and a semi-competent appointment shouldn't be an insurmountable task. They are only 1 point off 4th and 2 from 3rd, so it is simply 1 good result at present with 33 games to go. I'd be far more worried if I was a Partick or Dunfermline fan. 

35 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

I genuinely believe that the squad we have at the moment, properly coached and sent out with the right tactics/formation, is good enough to be challenging to win this championship.  I fully expect us to add more players before the loan window closes in a few weeks to put us in an even stronger position.

It is imperative that the board appoint the right person to take us forward and I'm comforted to a certain extent (while joining my fellow fans in being frustrated at the same time) that they're taking their time to get it right instead of appointing some jobber from the manager merry-go-round*.

Every team in this league will go through tough spells and any team who goes on a decent run can and probably will make big moves up the table.  

*I fully accept that they may of course still do this.

43 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

At the moment, it could honestly be anything. If our injuries clear up then we should be in and around the play off places. If they don’t we could be floating around the lower half of the league. There is also a scenario where the new guy comes in, gets the squad clicking and we end up putting in a title challenge - as unlikely as that feels now. 

It’s still early in the season and although some teams already have a gap, I can’t see that lasting. Everyone will beat everyone in this league and I think most teams will struggle to win consistently. Could be a huge bun fight at the end of the season.

2 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Poster? Think you misspelled 'ROASTER'

49 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

What do Raith fans realistically expect of this season now? Any manager coming in is going to bring their own "philosophy", style of play etc and it's not guaranteed this will square with the squad you have. Clearly there has to be some changes because that squad failed last season and was failing before the sacking this season. 

The way it is right now? Win the derbies. Finish 9th. (I am jesting before anyone starts) 

probably mid table if we get someone decent in. A bit like Murray, mid table finish and time to build with a few of their own players for a shot at the playoffs next season.