The New Raith Rovers Thread

I take the view that the people we see as being worthy of an offer are at a calibre where they will undoubtedly have other options. This is a good thing but will obviously present challenges to recruiting... as we have seen.

From the statement I would assume the other offer was to Leven, who feels his future is better at Aberdeen.

This board are not here for the short term, and it may take a bit of time to get both the right fit for us and the individual who's right fit is Raith Rovers. I share their ambition to be honest and so should all of us.

I am happy to be patient for that rather than appoint someone unsuitable just for expediency. 

We are fine in the hands of Potts and Mickey until the right suitor is found.

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm guessing the other 8 weren't interested enough for the club to even get to the making an offer stage.

Or we didn't think they were right for the job.... or they are still potential candidates.

Glass half full and all that!

4 hours ago, Varna Rover said:

if all you can do is criticise posters then f**k you turd. i havent miseed a match in over 14 years even though i live in bulgaria.. what i say is very reasonable not like your measly know all know nothing posts on here

People complain about travelling to Ayr/Dingwall etc yet this guy spends more time in the air than my missus’ legs. 

Maybe you need to lower your carbon footprint by missing out some friendlies and challenge cup games?

2 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Or we didn't think they were right for the job.... or they are still potential candidates.

Glass half full and all that!

This.

It's amazing how many people on here look for the negative in everything.

4 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

People complain about travelling to Ayr/Dingwall etc yet this guy spends more time in the air than my missus’ legs. 

Maybe you need to lower your carbon footprint by missing out some friendlies and challenge cup games?

why raith tv do a great job and i get the luxury of sitting on a comfy chair in my own home.. no wind rain snow. that all outside

25 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm guessing the other 8 weren't interested enough for the club to even get to the making an offer stage.

Amazing how someone can read that statement and that is the message they take away from it. 

If you try being less relentlessly negative you might find you enjoy life a bit more. 

Another statement released on the back of unreal knicker pissing in our fanbase and the knicker pissers are determined to find issues with that. Can't wait to hear the 3 of you booing the board on Saturday instead of getting right behind the team like we all should be. 

28 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

why raith tv do a great job and i get the luxury of sitting on a comfy chair in my own home.. no wind rain snow. that all outside

So you haven't actually been to every game for 14 years. Out of interest, what was the last game you were actually at? 

2 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

So you haven't actually been to every game for 14 years. Out of interest, what was the last game you were actually at? 

to be honest i cant remember 14 years is a long time but using tv coverage has its advantages. what games did you go to 14 years ago

Edited by Varna Rover

5 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

to be honest i cant remember 14 years is a long time but using tv coverage has its advantages. what games did you go to 14 years ago

Most of the home games (missed a few due to ill health) and a few away

Ro Sham Bo catching more fish than Jesus could magic up here.

Everyone needs to just chill the f**k oot. New gaffer will arrive, get a tune out of the really good squad that we have (plus additions) and we'll all be looking forward to trips to Pittodrie, Tynecastle, Easter Road etc next season. 

Just now, MICMAC said:

Most of the home games (missed a few due to ill health) and a few away

good for you being 3500 kilometers away live tv coverage is whats for me. and whilst i didnt miss a single game over here we did get computer outages so some games were a mixture of live and highlights

56 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

2014 on raith tv aye?