The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I imagine the usual suspects will be top billing. Neil Lennon looking for another job. Maybe Scott Brown will be linked as well.

Ayr on an upward trajectory whereas St Johnstone have been treading water for a couple of seasons now. Not sure he would be interested in it.

1 minute ago, Varna Rover said:

news is deafening by its silence. surely one itk bloodhound has some news.

Agreed thought we may have heard news today. Back training and any new players need time to train with their colleagues. It's not like we've apparently been looking at various loan players and also who's still available for weeks.

Not ITK but I think we should make a move for Alex Lowry. Will add some spark to our midfield. Move Vaughan up top with AN other and Stanton when fit can play the number 8 role with Brown number 6.

I still get the feeling we will move for Liam Grimshaw although maybe Collins has knowledge of some free agents down south.

3 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Didn't Lowry get sent back from Hearts because his attitude was absolutely stinking? Can't see him wanting to come to us and he'd have shades of Barry McKay.

Not sure have just googled and appears he didn't live up to his reputation. Clement stating Hearts didnt want him. Having said that as we've seen the SPL is a step up from the Championship. 

1. Letting Claude Anelka take control, become manager, and recruit a squad of no-marks, which saw us relegated and humiliated.

2. Signing David Goodwillie and starting a global media frenzy against the club, which killed our season and made us international pariahs.

3. Appointing Dalziel as manager.

4. The various stints in the Seaside league, with special mention to the years with Dalziel and a squad that would have struggled to beat Anelka’s lot at 5-a-side.

5. Appointing the janny as manager and letting him spunk £1 million on shit players, then losing all 4 league games to the Pars and getting relegated.

6. Losing the league to Ayr on the last day of the season, by failing to beat Alloa at Starks.

7. Hiring Gary F Locke then big daft Yogi and getting relegated by Brechin City.

8.  Loaning Lewis Vaughan to a rival in the same division.

9. Sacking a manager who had just finished second in the league and reached the play-off final, after an opening day defeat to our bogey team. Then, a month later, after trying to get various folk in as Manager, trying to brass it out that some boy no one had heard of was always our first choice.

This event doesn’t even make the top 5 of ridiculous events that the Rovers have been involved in. I would likely have it in the top 10 though. Definitely so if this season doesn’t improve.

What other Rovers happenings have I missed?

Edit: Tommy McLean’s week in charge, then Iain Munro, probably merit a mention.

Edited by Scary Bear

17 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

1. Letting Claude Anelka take control, become manager, and recruit a squad of no-marks, which saw us relegated and humiliated.

2. Signing David Goodwillie and starting a global media frenzy against the club, which killed our season and made us international pariahs.

3. Appointing Dalziel as manager.

4. The various stints in the Seaside league, with special mention to the years with Dalziel and a squad that would have struggled to beat Anelka’s lot at 5-a-side.

5. Appointing the janny as manager and letting him spunk £1 million on shit players, then losing all 4 league games to the Pars and getting relegated.

6. Losing the league to Ayr on the last day of the season, by failing to beat Alloa at Starks.

7. Hiring Gary F Locke then big daft Yogi and getting relegated by Brechin City.

8.  Loaning Lewis Vaughan to a rival in the same division.

9. Sacking a manager who had just finished second in the league and reached the play-off final, after an opening day defeat to our bogey team. Then, a month later, after trying to get various folk in as Manager, trying to brass it out that some boy no one had heard of was always our first choice.

This event doesn’t even make the top 5 of ridiculous events that the Rovers have been involved in. I would likely have it in the top 10 though. Definitely so if this season doesn’t improve.

What other Rovers happenings have I missed?

Edit: Tommy McLean’s week in charge, then Iain Munro, probably merit a mention.

The Livi 3 transfer

John McVeigh sacking and associated shot at glory/gangsters in stand

Ryan's Stevenson playing in goals and our spfl rep director not knowing the rules

Paul McManus various transfer sagas

Kevin Nisbet contract

Edited by LargoRover