The New Raith Rovers Thread

I have no issues with being one of the favourites to go down, we haven't splashed cash we don't have, we haven't courted ex SPL players, we aren't loved by the media, we aren't deluded enough to go 100% full time.

It may be boring to non Raith fans, but by f**k its more secure than the last time we were at these dizzy heights.

So please forgive us for being 'happy to be here'

As an aside, the situation we find ourselves in, reminds me of when QOS came up, and they have managed to stay here for a while.

I have no issues with being one of the favourites to go down, we haven't splashed cash we don't have, we haven't courted ex SPL players, we aren't loved by the media, we aren't deluded enough to go 100% full time.

It may be boring to non Raith fans, but by f**k its more secure than the last time we were at these dizzy heights.

As an aside, the situation we find ourselves in, reminds me of when QOS came up, and they have managed to stay here for a while.

agreed we need to live in our means, hopefully if we manage to survive in the 1st for another season we will have the benefit of the cash from the increased gates and hopefully the board will loosen the purse strings a bit even if its just to up our budget a little.

reading between the lines we were hoping marv would stay but now we will be getting some journeymen players and relying on the youth team a fair bit :( hopefully livi last the season and get dicked on by everyone

reading between the lines we were hoping marv would stay but now we will be getting some journeymen players and relying on the youth team a fair bit :( hopefully livi last the season and get dicked on by everyone

What do you want us to do ?

We have little or no money, any player of '1st division' standard* can get a contract at 9 other sides that will pay more money.

*cliche police have been alerted

Spot on my good man.

reading between the lines we were hoping marv would stay but now we will be getting some journeymen players and relying on the youth team a fair bit :(

Isn't that what you were expecting?

It really depends what john does with the money freed up b not having marv.

I would assume their was a healthy wedge used to tempt marv. That money might be available to bring in a few new faces.

Might being the operative word

Money freed up by not having Marv may not be available(or most of it) as my understanding was that Marvs wages were heavily subsidised by a certain person who may no longer be in a position to subsidise wages

I maybe wrong however

i think had we not left it so late for marvin we could have structured our transfer policy differently. and don't get your knickers in a knot i am not advocating in any way the club lives out with its means

i think had we not left it so late for marvin we could have structured our transfer policy differently. and don't get your knickers in a knot i am not advocating in any way the club lives out with its means

I would think that the fact that we have had trialists training with the club would suggest that we weren't betting the house on Andrews and that McG has his faovured options for replacing him already marked out. It won't be a panic buy.

Edited by renton

I would think that the fact that we have had trialists training with the club would suggest that we weren't betting the house on Andrews and that McG has his faovured options for replacing him already marked out. It won't be a panic buy.

i think we can now kind of guess who the defender (s) will be but i think the more pressing issue is who we bring on loan to give us some goals. A few names have been banded about so far just need to see which if any of those names we get

McGlynn was damned either way, people are pissed off that he gave Marv so much time but if he had told Marvin that he couldn't wait any longer the support would have been up in arms about that.

We gave Marvin time because he was the best option available, it's fallen through and that's irritating but now we know and it's time to move on.

As I said before, we are entering the First Division, not La Liga.

Its going to be difficult, yes. But we were the best team last season in the 2nd, so the 1st is the natural step up from that.

I love how some folk seem to think this is some metropolis of footballing greatness we are about to enter into.

Well McGlynn will be fielding trialists against Airdrie United on Saturday according to the Press. Hopefully that will give him an idea of who to go for? Likely candidates would be Dougie Hill, Grant Murray and Marco Pelosi who have all been training with the club apparantly. One player who won't be wearing the navy and white next season is Nipper Thomson. Least McGlynn is learning from signing old haddies who subsequently get injured at the start of the season!

It's going to be a long hard season, and part of me is a little worried, but at the end of the day, what else can we do? The players we have at the club will be asked by McGlynn to give it their all, and I cannot see any of them not doing that this season.

McGlynn was damned either way, people are pissed off that he gave Marv so much time but if he had told Marvin that he couldn't wait any longer the support would have been up in arms about that.

We gave Marvin time because he was the best option available, it's fallen through and that's irritating but now we know and it's time to move on.

I was pissed of the whole "God thing". It was never ever ever about God, it was about trying to find a move to a bigger club. I feel we should have given him an ultimatum, but im not John Mglynn and I dare say he has adequate replacements line up.

i think we can now kind of guess who the defender (s) will be but i think the more pressing issue is who we bring on loan to give us some goals. A few names have been banded about so far just need to see which if any of those names we get

I heard they were looking at you, on the back of your amazing hands on hips performance in woking.

I was pissed of the whole "God thing". It was never ever ever about God, it was about trying to find a move to a bigger club. I feel we should have given him an ultimatum, but im not John Mglynn and I dare say he has adequate replacements line up.

God manifested himself in the form of a four figure contract from the SPL. What can I say, faith is evidence of things unseen I guess :lol:

Edited by renton

My mate text me last night saying the same thing. I've been trying to give the god thing the benefit of the doubt (and I still am) I just enjoy the fact that god never told him to go and play for Elgin.

Frankly though, his motives are his own. He's done a lot for our club and I'm incredibly grateful for it all.

As I said before, we are entering the First Division, not La Liga.

Its going to be difficult, yes. But we were the best team last season in the 2nd, so the 1st is the natural step up from that.

I love how some folk seem to think this is some metropolis of footballing greatness we are about to enter into.

So were Brechin in 2005 and they were pumped sideways in the First. Gregory Tade? Step up? Meh, there's optimism, and there's maybe too far?

So were Brechin in 2005 and they were pumped sideways in the First. Gregory Tade? Step up? Meh, there's optimism, and there's maybe too far?

Viking, we could sign Messi and you'd say the first was a step up to far. Your aversion to Raith is well known.

I heard they were looking at you, on the back of your amazing hands on hips performance in woking.

dont be daft mate... i was playing striker that day :rolleyes::lol:

Viking, we could sign Messi and you'd say the first was a step up to far. Your aversion to Raith is well known.

To be fair, I've an aversion to 40 other league sides. We couldn't possibly work things out like that.