The New Raith Rovers Thread

I understand the abuse Tade gets he is not a natural striker but at the moment he is the best we have

Have to take issue with that.If thats the best we have at the moment god helps us.It fairly obvious he ain`t a natural striker shown by the amount of chances he has squandered in the games so far(must be knocking nearly double figures)so give Bryce an opportunity.Not saying hes the saviour but till he gets a chance to play from the start or a decent run out we will never know

Have to take issue with that.If thats the best we have at the moment god helps us.It fairly obvious he ain`t a natural striker shown by the amount of chances he has squandered in the games so far(must be knocking nearly double figures)so give Bryce an opportunity.Not saying hes the saviour but till he gets a chance to play from the start or a decent run out we will never know

I would agree with that, I think McGlynn has to show a wee bit more faith in Bryce (other than 10 minutes at the end) and see what he can do. Give him a start or even a half.

Now I wasn't at the game so can't comment on Davidson's performance yesterday. However, I agree that he is not good enough to be in our starting 11. Also, it's so glaringly obvious that he shouldn't be captain that it's not even funny now.

We have serious problems, Why is McGlynn so intent on giving that fucking bawbag Davidson the time of day. Pure and simple he does not deserve to be on the pitch let alone captain our team, just because his name is always first on the team sheet he thinks is now infallable. Play shite, still get a game. Hopefully this was a blip and now we can go and cement our place in the first, i do realise we are a weaker team than we were last year, but thats just my opinion. I sincerely hope McGlynn knows what he's doing.

:lol:

A good showing in pre-season is suddenly negated because we lost by the odd goal in three to our bogey team?

Get a fucking grip of yourselves boys.

bogey team or not if we had the team from last season it could of been a different scoreline, i would rather lose to hibs and the rest of the big teams than be beaten in a cup that mcglynn wants us to do well in :huh:

bogey team or not if we had the team from last season it could of been a different scoreline, i would rather lose to hibs and the rest of the big teams than be beaten in a cup that mcglynn wants us to do well in :huh:

In our Championship winning season we beat Stirling Albion once. That victory came when their season was over and we had a fantastic level of momentum. I see no evidence whatsoever that last season's squad would have won that game.

I'd rather go through in the cups and get some money in too. I'm not slitting my wrists over a poor result against a team we struggle to beat on any ocassion.

I repeat; get a fucking grip of yourself.

Correct.

What's your point big man?

My point is that losing again indicates that though you might not be worse off than last year, you certainly aren't looking much better. It's no coincidence, for example, that Morton notched up their first ever wins at Peterhead in the title winning season.

From that point of view, I would be concerned were I a Raith fan, because you need to improve the side when moving up a level or you will struggle.

Big man? It's almost as if we've met... :D

My point is that losing again indicates that though you might not be worse off than last year, you certainly aren't looking much better. It's no coincidence, for example, that Morton notched up their first ever wins at Peterhead in the title winning season.

From that point of view, I would be concerned were I a Raith fan, because you need to improve the side when moving up a level or you will struggle.

It was the fucking diddy cup. ICT could only draw with Montrose over 120 minutes, does that mean they'll be scrapping with relegation? No. I'd heavily wager Ayr United's side of last season would've saw off Albion Rovers comfortably. Does this mean they're certs for the drop, and are weaker than last season? No.

We may even be discussing how Morton will be battling relegation after slumping to defeat in Dumbarton later on today, so I wouldn't get too cocky just yet... ;)

I see no evidence whatsoever that last season's squad would have won that game.

Are you sure, we are consiberably weaker than we were. The club have no money to strengthen. Bryce didn't get a sniff of a game last season, but now he's played more games this pre season than he did in a year. But this is just my opinion, i don't speak for everyone. McGlynn's blind faith in Davidson is making me mad as hell, he's by far the worst player to grace the club since Jack Perry.

We are coming up with no money and the only players we can afford are good quality Second Division players. If anyone genuinely expected afrter a decent 90 against Hamilton and a decent 45 against Hibs that we would stroll to safety then - they too - need to get a fucking grip of themselves.

We will struggle. Of that, there is no doubt whatsoever. I believe that the struggle will be succesful but it'll be tight. The waling and the rending of garments because someone finally noticed that Alan Moore knows how to beat John Mcglynn is excessive and I reserve the right to tell those people to f**k off.

Are you sure, we are consiberably weaker than we were. The club have no money to strengthen. Bryce didn't get a sniff of a game last season, but now he's played more games this pre season than he did in a year. But this is just my opinion, i don't speak for everyone. McGlynn's blind faith in Davidson is making me mad as hell, he's by far the worst player to grace the club since Jack Perry.

I don't believe that we are considerably weaker than this time last year. We are certianly weaker than we were at the end of last season but McGlynn always adds to his squad throughout the year.

We had no budget left at this point last year but funds were found. Given the state of the construction industry that particular source of funds has probably dried up. However, I have no doubt that if - come January - McGlynn has us fighting and crowds are holding steady then that investment will be found.

If the crowds don't hold steady then investment won't be found and we don't deserve to find it.

Edited by lzreid

i still think we are going to struggle but i am going to get to as many games as physically possible and purchase this seasons two strips to help the club, still think we need to get some of those guys who were released in to us or he needs to release some of the dross we have got.

as in he i refer to mr mcglynn <_<

Edited by wullie gray is my bitch

i still think we are going to struggle but i am going to get to as many games as physically possible and purchase this seasons two strips to help the club, still think we need to get some of those guys who were released in to us or he needs to release some of the dross we have got.

as in he i refer to mr mcglynn <_<

And bring in who exactly, we can only afford what we have got, some people need to realise this.

And bring in who exactly, we can only afford what we have got, some people need to realise this.

some of us dont have the luxury of being able to read the ffp every week or be in close proximety to the ground or surrounding area, i admit i dont know wat goes on all i get is updates from the fans,friends, fantalk, website and here which i appreciate :huh:

surely there must be some arabian prince with a few bob burning a hole is his pocket look at notts county, heres hoping ;)